Agent outfitting - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-24-2007   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Agent outfitting

Anyone out there who paddles and Agent have any problems with their outfitting? I demoed one the other day and the back band kept coming loose. I like the boat but it was driving me nuts. Anyone change the backband on their agent?

bodhizafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2007   #2

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
One of the firsts. We replaced the webbing to one that holds super tight. Been fixed already.

hobie
Dagger
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #3

Boulder, Colorado
What do you mean? Is this one of the earlier ones made? Was the webbing actually slipping? I did like the boat, I was thinking of how to retro fit it with a rachet system from my LL. I would really like to buy this boat but how do I fix the outfitting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2007   #4

If you can't duck it...

I've been in a 6.4 Agent all summer. It's been a sweet boat. I athletic taped the webbing right around the buckle thing (technical term) so it wouldn't slip. After a couple months it finally slipped but anyway it's a relatively easy problem to mitigate. Also props on the water-tightness of the thing, big improvement over years past. The Agent rocks.
Cru_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #5
Len

Buena Vista, Colorado
backband

not sure what the deal was in the early agent outfitting, but whatever they did they definitely got it right -- I've *never* had a backband work so well for me. I've not had the boat long, but i've tossed it around on all kinds of waves/holes/etc and have been thoroughly impressed with the outfitting (esp the backband system) in that thing. Not once did i roll up with my ass sitting on a flattened out backband ready to auto eject out of the boat.

If you liked the boat w/exception of that early outfitting problem I'd compltely recommend getting it and scratching the idea of any retrofixt backband. If the shop(s) you demoed from don't have boat with this backband fix and you'd like to try one that does, drop me a pm and come by the golden park before the waters completely gone.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #6

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
new backband

im deffenetely needing a new back band slippage and its broke on both sides in a couple different places, im a little rough on the gear but its a sick boat i just keep tying the back band into knots,

any dagger reg want to hook me up?

i bought the agent 6.2 from cks when it first came out, it loops super huge
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #7

Yea i just bought an Agent 6.2 and find that the left backband keeps coming loose and the right one stays super tight in one spot and move around if its not in that spot.
Also could anyone explain how the foot foam works for this boat. Do you cut the large one to size or is it something to do with the smaller peices?
Szpejd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #8

Boulder, Colorado
I retro-fitted my setup a few weeks ago and it works great (thanks Ryan for the idea). I ended up getting rid of those metal lever things and replaced them with some ratcheting straps (wavesport?), real easy fit. I then used some webbing I had from my climbing days (I'm too fat now) and replaced the crap Dagger used that went around the backrest. This stap is double webbing from REI (forget the name) and it does not slip at all. So now I have a ratcheting setup like my LL CR125. The straps stick out about an inch from the sides but I have had no probs with it. No drilling either, the ratchets fit in the pre-existing holes from the lever thing.

I was originally going to try and fit the Jackson setup (backrest and rope thing) I think this would work well too, and look cleaner. I decided to go the cheaper route.
Old 09-11-2007   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Forgot to add that I love the boat.
Old 09-13-2007   #10

Thanks any suggestions with the foot foam?
Szpejd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agent