access to Milk Run on the Ark - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-11-2008   #1

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1976
access to Milk Run on the Ark

The traditional free public access to the Milk Run at Johnson Village Hwy 285 bridge is denied to boaters. It is a DOW fishing easement, but a sign says no boater access. So now new boaters who are doing their first whitewater run on the Ark on this classic Class I and II section the the privilege of paying an outfitter Wilderness Aware or the other guys) to put in. Horsepuckey!

zipbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2008   #2
addict

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
there is a path down to the river behind the rafting company AAE. walk around their parking lot, the far right side if looking at the place, and down to the river. i have put in and taken out there many times this year. never noticed any signs.
tango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #3

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Gate up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango View Post
there is a path down to the river behind the rafting company AAE. walk around their parking lot, the far right side if looking at the place, and down to the river. i have put in and taken out there many times this year. never noticed any signs.
I used this putin for years, but I had friends try to use it a few weeks ago and there appears to be a locked gate blocking the walkway / steps to the river. We ended up using the rafting company across the street. I think the company that used to allow private boaters to use their property to access the river sold to new owners. Not sure how accurate that info is.

Kim
kclowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
access, ark