ACA Certification in Moab with Kent Ford - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-03-2005   #1

ACA Certification in Moab with Kent Ford

Spaces still available...

The ACA (American Canoe Association) is the best-known certification in the U.S. for kayak instruction. This course will strengthen your kayaking skills, provide you with solid teaching methods and creates a solid background to be a whitewater kayak instructor. The instructor trainer is Kent Ford, Author, Videographer and Publisher, former U.S. Whitewater Team member and World Champion C-1 slalom team. Guest instructor at numerous ACA certification classes in US, Canada, Switzerland, and Germany.

April 7-11, 2005 (Class begins 6:00pm April 7th)
Register with Canyon Voyages in Moab 800-733-6007

kentford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2005   #2

Even if you do not want to be an instructor, this course (with Kent) can change your paddling skills. I took it last year, since my paddling has improved. Kent is an amazing instructor with an eye for picking out (with a constructive eye) weak points in your technique. I had no idea how much thought needs to go into a forward stroke.

He also changed the way I roll. I always thought the C to C was the best, safest roll. Now I try to use the sweep (new sweep), it is less stress on your body and bombproof.

If you can take it, you should. I am a stronger paddler for it. If you are going to teach, it is indespensable.

Steve.
sward is offline   Reply With Quote