A second asphalt In pouder - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-03-2009   #1

castle rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
A second asphalt In pouder

Just saw on 9 news a second asphalt truck went in to the river. Wtf is going on with these driver?

dograft83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009   #2

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
9NEWS.com | Colorado's Online News Leader | Another asphalt tanker tumbles into Poudre River

Seriously...........
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #3

golden
They have started the foundation for the damn dam
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009   #4

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Seriously, it says the new spill is 4 miles downstream from the first spill, I'm guessing it's at Mad Dog? How the F$%K do you go off the road on Filter Plant? There is only one sharp corner, did this asphalt company hire addicts or what?
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #5

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Paddling Since: 2000
The picture I saw looked higher up than Mad dog. I would say the corner down from the putin. I am not sure where these trucks are going, why the drivers are so bad, or if it is the same company, but there is no reason that large trucks should be on this road. If they are flipping lower, wait until they reach the narrows. Does anybody know what is being paved? Since it is liquid asphalt, it is headed to a hot mix plant some place. How much time does the company save by driving hw14 anyway? Not much if the load goes into the river. Makes me sick. Asphalt is very insoluble in water and wont contaminate much, but why does this continue? I hope the cost of the clean up breaks the trucking company/companies and it/they go under.
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #6
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
What the fuck!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm heading up there. This is fucked up!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #7
SarahofTheWaves

FoCo,NoCo, Colorado
The trucks are on the road because they are paving CO14 up near Spencer Heights.
sarahkonamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #8

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
jen they hired the mish hippies. guess some of you should go with picket signs and protest caseybailey's family as truck drivers. in there brains they think right and they turn left you know something messed up in the genetics which cause malfunctions in the isotopial part of the medula ablangada.

good luck with the new wave. maybe you could all get together and push it into a giant tuber sieve or something killer cool.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #9
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Same company, different driver. Who's in charge of this paving project? CDOT? This is fucked up. This small trucking company can't pay to clean up two spills. I also heard that the Diesel tank ruptured on this one and that there is fuel in the river. JESUS! What the fuck is wrong with these people? Lock up both drivers. Guantanamo has some room...
Old 09-03-2009   #10
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Malpaso Trucking, of Rawlins, Wyoming

I'm trying to resist the temptation to call them and ask that the two drivers and their supervisor commit suicide. Is that too much to ask?

FUCK!