a GRAND idea
so i posted a while back regarding a july 11 grand canyon permit that i hold, but cant make. luckily, i thought ahead and listed an alternate trip leader who will be able to go.
in an effort to NOT completely give up the chance to run the canyon, i came up with the following solution...
- the permit is good for 16 people.
- 8 of "my peeps" go in july 2007, and put on with 8 other peeps who belong to a party that holds a permit in 2008, 2009, or 2010.
- when the individual who holds the later permit's date comes up, myself and 7others could join their launch date, and all would be well in the world.
the benefits of this system are...
- that some people who were able to take the time in 07 and a latter year could possibly go twice in the span of a few years.
- its always easier logistically to plan a trip for 8 than 16.
the downfall is group commeraderie. so....
1. after the launch, as early as lunch on day 1, could the two groups split apart? (wouldnt it be easy enough to explain to rangers that half of your group only had 18 days to be out and the others had 21 or something along those lines?
2. is there anyone with a later permit that would consider this idea?