A BIG THANKS! - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-20-2008   #1

A BIG THANKS!

I would like to take the time to thank the river guide who turned in a "Hyside Padalic" duckie to Dinosaur National Monument! This duckie was found on Gates of Lodore, right around Lower Disaster rapid. I'm glad you finally came to your senses! I am just curious to why you did NOT return the drybag and its belongings to its rightful owner?! I know you probably already know this, but "The River Gods" will fix your ass! Merry Christmas and thanks again!

Heather aka. Pam Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008   #2

funny -- doesn't sound like a thanks at all. Not that I care.
jaansdornea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Sounds like a spoiled brat who swam and lost their ducky with no clue as to the power of the river gods. What makes you think that your drybag was not lost to the river? I have had many a friend flip a raft and lose shit they thought was rigged flip proof. Just because you think you tied something down does not make it bombproof. And before you accuse me, this is my just my opinion.

You should be happy you got your ducky back, I know I was happy when I lost a kayak, and someone was kind enough to fish it out 10 miles downstream and get it back to me. It was my only boat in 95 and I would of been up shits creek without it during the highwater of that epic year.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2008   #4

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I think this could all be solved over some juicey turkey legs and cold refreshing PBR don't you girls. In the defense of the party of the first part maybe had you blown your whistle louder the party of the second part would have know you were about to lose your dry bag!! Other wise you could go before the honorable judge Griff and he could mediate this thing before it gets out of hand!
RandyP
Old 12-21-2008   #5

Buena Vista, Colorado
Hey lady, I found that ducky and dry bag wrapped around a rock and I returned the ducky to that mean Dinosaur ranger lady. The dry bag said "reward if found" on it so I kept it. It's a nice reward, so THANK YOU!
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #6

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
The judge has spoken! So let it be written so let it be done! Pass the Pabst!
Old 12-21-2008   #7

I am spoiled and loving every minute of it!
Old 12-21-2008   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather aka. Pam Peterson View Post
I am spoiled and loving every minute of it!
Now that's the spirit!
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #9

Rocky Mountain Hooliganz, Rocky Mountain High
Paddling Since: 2007
What a thanks! Judging by the post, it definitely shows your character and appreciation! Your obviously not that spoiled, or you wouldn't care about the lost gear! I hope you get your dry bag back, that's just because I don't wish bad things upon people!! You probably don't deserve it though!! We'll see how the "River Gods" treat your Karma!!
islandertek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #10

I have NO shame in my game when it comes to karma! I have nothin' but goodness to offer! As far as your comment, I bet you don't deserve alot of things. Hey who am I to be the judge! Anyways, thanks for taking the time and energy to respond!
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandertek View Post
What a thanks! Judging by the post, it definitely shows your character and appreciation! Your obviously not that spoiled, or you wouldn't care about the lost gear! I hope you get your dry bag back, that's just because I don't wish bad things upon people!! You probably don't deserve it though!! We'll see how the "River Gods" treat your Karma!!