7th Annual Poudre Ganrrows Race - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-05-2012   #1

Mad Scientist/Creeker
7th Annual Poudre Ganrrows Race

Sunday July 8th High Noon - 7th Annual Poudre Gnarrows Race!!!! Short Notice but the canyon was on fire so - sorry! But buck up young soldiers it's time to race for the buckle, in all its return to glory. Come celebrate the Poudre and get your boater cross on. Gentlemen's rules. If there is enough interest there will also be a new event from Middles down with no finals just a straight up paddle for the finish. Come on and git sum!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012   #2

Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
two thoughts

My first thought is that given the new ownership of the mish, and the month long gap in burger sales for them I think we should plan a post race party\give patrick the buckle thing at the Mish to show business support in the canyon.
With that said now that we are all getting older and have tested our reproductive skills I think it would be nice if there was a daycare option at the put in. You see back in April I told my wife that should could go have a mountain day on this very Sunday. While I would normally pull the, look I am the man and I make the decisions around here card, she really does need some time in the mountains. So please set that up!
I look forward to beating you all this weekend!
boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Patrick: "here hold my kid while I swim lower"

Evan, shouldn't you at least make the finals to be suggesting a date?

The lack of notice sucks for many, but in the circumstances, it makes sense to get it done.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012   #4

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Summit - there & back Sunday

What's up! I've been paddling for 15 years & done some solid runs. Want to get to things like Bailey Fest, Gore, & the Poudre Narrows race. Have Sunday off, probably working Monday. Anyone rallying from Summit County?

Thanks!
MountainLove270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #5

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Dave, don't veil your excitement over the Middle's down race... or maybe you can't make the Middle's race and that's why you're frowning. Either way you have to race to talk shit. The winner, a one mister Kurt Braunlich did call the date and will be in attendance to defend the Buckle! Not even sure if he's on the buzz tho, so somebody had to post it... meaning me, and for the record I've worn the Buckle for a year, been in the finals 3 of 6 years and ya, since my kids we're born I lost a little competitive edge, but I'm back and last year I would've been in the finals we're it not for a coordinated box out at the start line. Ya, boatercross is a bitch sometimes! But that is why we love this race.

Cutch is gonna show, Austin Woody is going to show, Kurt is a slalom wizard and he is going to show and I'm going to be there... so we got a race.

Patrick, I'm working on the day care. That's a damn fine idea actually considering the class V dad count in FC.
Old 07-06-2012   #6

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Just a little reminder of what this race is about! Leif's mom.

And, ya, after party at the Mish!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2241.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	4896   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0452.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	4897  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2236.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	4898   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2238.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	4899  

Old 07-06-2012   #7

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
You guys are lucky I don't come and take that belt.. Bastard have fun slay it and dont be a pussy it's just narrows everybody better sack up and show some support.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #8

x, x
Paddling Since: x
I will be there, I am in for the middle down race.

Evan, fuck yeah!

It would be awesome to see all the pansies and marys come out for the middle down race! look, even i can do that.

seriously though, when you take out upper narrows, it really does open the door for other people who want to try it, there is going to be a great turn out, lots of safety.

you know what i mean flowtorch...
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Bob,

Just thought you would want to know that "FLOWTORCH," changes his hnadle to "FLOWMAX," a while back and he would like to be referred to as such.

That is all.

Sure hope to get my work shift covered so I can make it up there!
Old 07-06-2012   #10

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Evan, why did you have to post a pic of the old whiteline...now I'm depressed!
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote