2nd annual Embudo Fest vid finished - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-28-2010   #1

Student
2nd annual Embudo Fest vid finished

Took awhile cause my computer died, but just got a new one and did a simple edit of the 2nd annual Budo Fest race. Hope to see ya all here next year. Beers, Atom...
2nd Annual Budo Fest Video 2010

atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010   #2

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Those Durangatans sure are having one killer year winning this and firing in Peru. Nice vid, bummed I missed the race this year.
Joe
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #3

Thank you Atom! The weekends I spent down at the Budo Hostel were some of my favorite of the season. Quality juicy creek boating with good friends in the desert is hard to beat. The race is sick and super hard, and then you have to run up a hill and chug a beer, which totally sucks compared to the leisury stroll I usually take past the green chille fields and orchards to the changing room. You have created something special on your piece of earth.

I've been fortunate to participate in a good number and varitety of creek races, and the Embudo is one of a kind. It is the scariest and longest with the best competitor comraderie. Yet, I also feel much safer racing it than something like Gore, because the team format adds a lot to the race. You always have someone watching your back, and the lead member of the group can always eddy out briefly to regroup if needed. You roll into the Cheesegrater Boof from the rapid above and realize you've been doing it all wrong by scouting. MJ can get interesting. This year we had 9 racers, and we were still figuring out the teams at the put-in. The Durango boys crushed it. Matt's beat down was awesome.

I'll be there next year to take up the rear. I'm getting pretty used to taking last in this race, and yet still feeling like I couldn't have paddled it that much faster or better. It is so fun to paddle, and to paddle the entire run top to bottom in 40 minutes is exceptional.
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2010   #4

FC, Colorado
Atom. If, in theory, Ed were to make belt buckles for first place prizes for next year's race, I will spend my whole winter doing pushups, flat water sprints, and chugging beers after five mile runs to train for the race. Nice video, can't wait for next year's race.
Ben
Shitouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #5

Student
beltbuckels

I'd love to do belt buckles. Anyone out there good at making a basic one (3 actually)? Better start training Ben. The beers at the takeout next year are gonna be replaced by 4 Loco. Have a great winter. Beers, Atom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shitouta View Post
Atom. If, in theory, Ed were to make belt buckles for first place prizes for next year's race, I will spend my whole winter doing pushups, flat water sprints, and chugging beers after five mile runs to train for the race. Nice video, can't wait for next year's race.
Ben
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011   #6
swimming

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Whats the deal with Ben leaving his partner in that hole above slots. What a bitch! Good thing Nate is such a manly hunk of badass and can save himself. Let me tell you right now, all the push ups, flatwater sprints and beer chugging in the world wont save you from being a bitch at this point.
Ben-Lucks-a-Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote