Happy summer!! America's oldest and boldest whitewater festival - FIBArk! - is coming soon to the beautiful Arkansas River valley, which means an extensive line-up of river and land event competitions, including:
Whitewater Slalom Age Group National Championships
Pine Creek Race
Pine Creek to Eddyline Downriver Race
Byran Dreher R2 Sprint
Tenderfoot Hill Climb
REP River Run-Off
SUP Freestyle, Cross & Downriver
REGISTRATION FOR ALL EVENTS IS AVAILABLE HERE
Find a full schedule and details at | America's Oldest and Boldest Whitewater Festival | Salida, CO | America's Oldest and Boldest Whitewater Festival | Salida, CO
Some events will change in format or date this year...noticeable changes include:
1) Whitewater Slalom Age Group National Championship will be held as a separate race this year on Wednesday, June 12th from 10 am to 1 pm. Register here
2) The competition formerly known as the "Boater X" has been renamed the "Pine Creek Race" and will vary in format from year to year. This year, the format will be a sprint race through Pine Creek Rapid.
The winners for 2013 will be determined on the fastest time through the rapid, and the Boater X format will wait for another year.
3) ALL registration will take place online. You can do this now at home
, or on your smart phone at the festival, or at FIBArk's registration table on FIBArk's computers on-site. All bib pick-up and waivers will be available at the registration table at the FIBArk Boathouse.
4) The Freestyle competition for CADETS has been moved to Thursday, June 13th at 2 pm at the Boat Ramp Hole.
5) A downriver race from Pine Creek to Buena Vista has been added on Thursday, June 13th; it's called the "Pine Creek to Eddyline Downriver Race". This is a team race with safety regulations; find more info here
6) There's a new land/river competition called the REP River Run-Off with an awesome cash prize! Find info here.
7) Speaking of cash prizes, here they are!
Can you feel the FIBArk love?!?
It's in the air here on the Arkansas, and we can't wait to see you soon!
Alli Gober, FIBArk Secretary and River Events Director
"Snow melting fast, and the river it became in the spring time..."