1st ever Kayaking Video Guide - opinion needed - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 11-19-2008   #1

1st ever Kayaking Video Guide - opinion needed

Hi All,

We just released along with our latest issue (KS#28-winter 08, the first ever kayaking video guide.

For this first edition we chose the Rio Futaleufu in Chile.

It is available online for FREE at kayaksession video guide
(lucky kayak session subscribers are getting a hard copy of the Dvd...)

You can view the trailer, view the full movie, download it, and there even is an iphone version to be downloaded.

We hope you will enjoy it.

But we also need your feebacks. So what do you think?
(just bear in mind please, that this is a first version, a first try and many many things can be done better).

We are looking at producing many more in the coming months.

Thank you!

The Team at Kayak Session
Preview the latest kayak session #28 - Kayak Session current issue

kayak session is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008   #2

Looks like there's some pretty sik footage in there. That river looks amazing. But, I don't know about claiming this as the ''the first ever kayaking video guide''. Maybe YOUR first ever guide. Funnel is a ''video guide'' of the creeks and rivers of Northern New Mexico. I've seen a video that details the rapid's of Chattooga's Section IV. Hell, I co-produced the Texas Whitewater DVD which showcases the whitewater of Texas. So, I think the video guide thing has been done before. But, I do think it looks awesome and there is more detail put into showing where the lines are.
Old 11-19-2008   #3

Golden, Colorado
I only had time for the beginning section that shows the line on Dynamite on the Fu. Wow, that is cool. I think the biggest benefit might be that this format could keep some people from getting in over their heads.

Showing the river-level video view that you see while scouting, with the roar of that rapid filling the audio, was scary. The overhead view with the tracing of the line left no doubt as to the correct line. Seeing how scary that rapid is, with a description of the exact line to hit is exactly what people need if they haven't seen it before and are considering it.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
deepstroke im with you. how do you like having the video guide to texas? i would like to see a video guides up in these parts of colo and wyoming and montana. at least have some of the classics in there but i guess i should watch the rockies lvm edition aswell.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #5

1st ever...

thanks for the first few comments, here are some answers for it...

Not being the first is not that important in fact. A good way to get attention though... but it was really unintentional. Apologies to the people that did it in first then. we simply did not know.

However this has been produced with the sole intention to give info on the river and how to run it - to be a real guide, but on video...; this part might be new. but like i said above this is not something that drove us during the making of this project.

The video guide is not and will not be for sale. It is 100 % FREE. it is a community like effort to share resources. This part is fairly new too.

Also, it is meant to be a complement to guide books, not a replacement.

We are keen to cover the world with this serie of video guides - but it will not happen overnight...
kayak session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #6

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Nice video! I like the idea of a video guide, and I like the free part as well. The production looks high quality. Good job!
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008   #7

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Texas has whitewater?
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #8

Texas is the Rodney Dangerfield of kayaking. Tell me if you recognize this boater, Hobie, breaking his paddle and brow on Mexican Creek's Chingasos. More Mexican Creek Edge Falls The un-run Hamilton Pool Falls Onion Creek's Teardrop Falls Blanco Narrows[/IMG]//i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii255/deepstroke23/5-9-2007-02-1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-20-2008   #9

Bringing the threadjacking back full-circle, here's the ''Futaleufu of Texas'', Buchanan Spillway.
Old 11-20-2008   #10

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Vierling or George Dub'ya'?
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayaking