Mountain Buzz banner

Dumont, or Upper or Lower CC Friday Afternoon or Saturday

957 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bdf48 
#1 ·
Looking to join someone else who has experience on Clear Creek this Friday afternoon/evening, or Saturday. Slight preference for Dumont section, since I've read its the easiest & highest quality of the class IV sections at low flows and would be the best intro to the creek, but would be happy to do Upper or Lower as well. I've been running other class III's and IV's the last few years (including MF Salmon and several Foxton runs this year at various levels) but have been waiting for lower flows to introduce myself to CC this year. I've got a good combat roll & brace and haven't swum for a few seasons (knock on wood).

Txt, call or private message.

Ben eight-oh-one735-7ate 45

#2 ·
Looking to join someone else who has experience on Clear Creek this Friday afternoon/evening, or Saturday. Slight preference for Dumont section, since I've read its the easiest of the class IV sections and would be the best intro to the creek, but would be happy to do Upper or Lower as well. I've been running other class IV's the last few years (including MF Salmon and several Foxton runs this year at various levels) but have been waiting for lower flows to introduce myself to CC this year. I've got a good combat roll & brace and haven't swum for a few seasons (knock on wood).

Txt, call or private message.

Ben eight-oh-one735-7ate 45
Lower CC will be easier than Dumont (IMO). Dumont is also fairly easy at low flows but fairly consistent and very shallow. If I wasn't headed down to the ark this weekend I'd hit any of that up with you. If you can paddle monday and there's still water I would hit dumont.

Understand it's all more difficult than foxton, and flows are really low. I broke my boat somewhere in Upper tuesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.