Mountain Buzz banner

Yampa trip?

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  canyon22 
#1 ·
I didn't draw a high use permit, but I'm eligible for a low use permit or a cancellation when March 3rd is here. If you can help me pay for the $185 permit fee, you and your friends are on the trip! I don't really have anyone invited for sure yet and I'm typically easy going. I'm 27, male, respectful, have a 99% confidence level in my roll. I'm cautious and safe. I like to party a bit at camp too:)

#5 ·
I was planning on taking at least four days. But yes I'm in a kayak. I'm hoping to bring my playboat so I can surf something awesome:) By the third I wouldn't be able to put it all on my card. I have about $75 that I can dedicate to the permit fee at the moment. I'll have more money to pay for trip fees of course. Can I still be invited into this party?

#7 ·
Yeah. I checked it too and the third is the only date available for a trip:-( Did they give out more permits than usual this year? I don't know how the high use AND low use days are pretty filled already... Isn't it usually way easier to get a low use permit than this?

#9 ·
There might have been some miscommunication between Recreation.gov and Dinosaur National Monument. I read somewhere that some people had the problem of drawing two permits for a single date, which supports my belief that you could just call up Rec.gov the day the lottery ended and ask for any of the low use dates or cancellations. I did my best to look all around Dinosaur's webpage for cancellation information, but couldn't find anything on picking up a cancellation. Anyway, I think we're the ones who get the sticky end of the stick since Rec.gov(judging by their customer service) won't care, and it's probably out of Dinosaur's hands since people have receipts and card history saying they payed for their permits... Dang. I hope I'm wrong. That's for sure.

#14 ·
8-noon for the previous three days and nothing... It makes me really unstoked that I spent that many hours for not a single ring... Ir really is disheartening for me. Did any of you get lucky? I'd be willing to pay through dish cleanup or groover duty and/or money to be able to go with any of you. I'm a very repectful mathmatics and computer science major. I'm usually pretty amped about how awesome whitewater in general, but the Yampa is something completely different. It's WAAAAAY more than just whitewater and beauty. I feel like every time I run that river, I'm putting up a giant bird against dams since it only has a few roller dams. Monkey Wrench Gang for life!!!! I'm only 27, but I try my best to hold river rat traditions:)

#19 ·
Yeah, I didn't pull anything this year either but would appreciate any invites to the Yampa, Ladore, San Juan or Deso sections. Of course if I ever pull a permit again I would return the favor. I am fully rigged out with a 15 ft boat, groover/pan etc... and would gladly take passengers. Got about 25 years kayaking/rafting experience. I am easy going and like to kick back with cocktails and beer at the end of the day. feel free to message me if you think I might fit on your trip.

#21 ·
I got a Yampa permit for 7/13. Never done it, and it sounds like the chance of there being enough water is pretty slim. However, if there is enough water, I'll be looking for tripmates. Right now it's just me and my boyfriend who would both be kayaking. So, would especially like to find either rafters that are willing to haul some gear for us, or kayakers who can help me figure out how to do this self-support stuff (I already have groovers and firepan, just have never done ss before)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.