Mountain Buzz banner

The "Rocker" is on the horizon.... Take a look!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  badkins 
#1 ·
So...

I have had a least 50 emails over the past couple months asking about when our creeker is coming out and what it's going to look like.

Clay/EJ/Dave and myself (a bit), have been very hard at work getting this kick ass machine rolling (no pun intended) and it appears that we are looking for a Feb realease.

http://www.jacksonkayak.com/designs/rocker.cfm

You will notice that it is only a computer design at this time, but man o man it starting to come together nicely. We will have a couple proto's together by the end of this month. That coupled with some great enhancements to the outfitting (a bit secret for now) are going to make for a really amazing boat with serious focus on safety and performance.

Clay is totally pumped about this design he and EJ are putting together and both are hard at work at the JK shop in Rock Island as we speak working out the details.

I will post more info as it is available.

But in short to finish out our line you will see 2 more river running creekers (yet to be named) and the Rocker which will finish out our complete line of kayaks.

That makes the:
Star Series (Full on Freestyle) 3 sizes
Fun Series (river running playboats) 6 sizes!!!
River Running Creekers (yet to be named) 2 sizes
Rocker (Full on Creeker) 1 Size

Adios!!!

I will

See less See more
#3 ·
Rocker

After talking with EJ- yes it will made of Crosslink.

EJ knows how to design a playboat better that anyone, and on the other side of the coin Clay is the zen master of Creek design. This is some team. It really helps to have paddled as many different creekers as Clay has. Fans of the Java will love the design.

I wish there was a slightly bigger market for pure creek boats. Volume wise they sell the least of any kayak made (touring, rec, ww, folding, sit-on-top, inflatable). It's really too bad that when you make the safest kayaks to paddle- they tend to be the fewest number sold. But, we need a good creek boat. It's a fact that without the knowledge that is gained from creekboat design all other foams suffer in safety. Where do you thing drain plugs, grab loops, pillars, and steel security bars came from.

Even if your not in the market for a new boat you should check out the new creek boats. That is where the future kayak designs are coming from. It's just one more reason to check out Clay's new boat.

Confluence Kayaks should have theirs in time for pool season. I'll post here when we have them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.