Mountain Buzz banner

Throw Bag on South Platte above Strontia

Tags
bag
3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Yakjet 
#1 ·
Lost my daughter's new Stohlquist throw bag while rescuing her pinned boat for her on 8/25. Would be somewhere between about 6 miles above the North Fork confluence to Strontia Springs Reservoir.

Special thanks to an inner-tuber named Jean who spent the better part of an hour helping me getting the boat unpinned. Also special thanks the folks at Golden River Sports who hung around after closing so we could return the boat that took so long to get unpinned.

Special un-thanks to the Douglas County sheriff's deputy who stopped to ask if I was with the party up the road looking for me and if I needed help. Stuck on the wrong side of a swift current, I answered yes to both questions. He nodded and drove off. Didn't even bother to go back and tell my family. Guess he had more important stuff to do.

Not a very expensive bag, just a bummer that it was so new. I think the tags were still on it.

Bob
303-955-7579

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.