Old 01-09-2011   #21
Florence, Alabama
Paddling Since: 2007
ok i just want to thank you guys for all this help its truely appreciated, but sad news is the fun is sold called oday and its gone so sadly the most suggested from yall is a no. this are my current options as follows
1. Dagger G-Force (Maybe)
2.Dagger cfs
3.Pyranha Inazone 222
4.Wavesport X
5.Necky Vibe
6.Liquid Logic Big Wheel

mcnew77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #22
BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Big Wheel

In that order. Just my opinion though.

glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #23
pnw, Washington
Originally Posted by glenn View Post
Big Wheel

In that order. Just my opinion though.
"Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself." -Rumi
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #24
buena vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
the big wheel was before it's time!! great boat, modern playboat design.
fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #25
Paddling Since: 96
Originally Posted by smauk2 View Post
Wave Sport Siren
Perception Shock
Necky Jive

Those boats look terrible.
Interesting how times, and boats, change. All 3 of these boats were very good boats in their day. The Siren was a woman's boat but I remember watching Dan Gavere throw down in one. The Jive was really a good playboat. Great wave surfer with good hull speed and a really slippery hull. A good river runner that was perfect for the big green waves of the Kennebec Gorge in Maine where I saw it paddled a lot. Definitely the next generation with a planing hull after the displacement hull RPM.

A little history... The Shock was designed by Shane Bennedict when he was with Perception in the heyday of new boat designs at the turn of the century. Its no modern looper but ends and Blunts in it were sweet. Its the smaller version of the AMP and came out just before the Worlds of 2001 in Sort, Spain. Shane had been coaching/teaching at Adventure Quest and the entire? US junior Worlds team had trained with him. Pat Keller, Jesse Murphy, Marlow Long and BV's Dustin Urban all paddled for Perception and competed in the Shock. The Tricky Whu was one of the new moves and the US Juniors had it more dialed than most all of the Men competing. Marlow, Jesse and Dustin made Finals with Jesse winning and Dustin taking the Silver. Bryan Kirk now of WS paddled the AMP to a Bronze medal at his first Worlds. I believe Barry Kennon and Chris Manderson both C-1ed the AMP with Barry winning the Gold and Mando medaling but I can't remember where he stood on the podium. Few have ever C-1ed at the level those guys were. The boat hardly sucked.

Of the latest list, I agree that the G-Force is your best choice.

Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #26
Provo, Utah
Keep looking for a Fun... they live up to their name and are super easy to learn in not to mention VERY comfortable. If you need a do it all boat this is about as close as it gets. They are frequently for sale on and Also check your local and all the listings within a couple of hours from your house. Most people will meet you halfway. Worst case scenario I have one that I can part with as a last resort.
afaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #27
Bellevue, Washington
Paddling Since: 1998
Demo if you can! (like how i've demoed afaust's Fun at pool sessions)
Alphacyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #28
Florence, Alabama
Paddling Since: 2007
ok so hear is my delima, i can get the g-force with a helmet and a skirt for 310 but its 3and half hours away, or a dagger cfs with the helmet and skirt for 250 and its only 2 hours away, both are in great shape and have snap dragon skirts, is it worth the extra money from a poor college kid and get the zone or just get the more in my price range cfs?
mcnew77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #29
Provo, Utah
Sounds like a personal decision on the finance thing... we don't know anything about your rent, food, and other needs.

As far as the boats go. If you want to do more playboating then go get the G-force because the Cfs is all creek boat all the time. Alternatively if you want to do more creeking than playboating definitely go with the CFS.

Either boat will be fun. Either boat will get you down most class III rivers just fine. You will not have this boat forever if you really get into the sport. The drive you only have to do once the boat you will be learning the sport in so... One additional hour and $60 isn't that bad if your goal is to play. You will have a steeper learning curve with the G-force and likely become a better boater faster in terms of edge control and rolling.

That being said the CFS will probably be more user friendly right away and make more difficult whitewater seem somewhat easier.

In the end it is up to you.
Old 01-10-2011   #30
Provo, Utah
Check for cracks around the bolts and the bottom of the boat where the seat is on both boats. Older Daggers are notorious for their cracks in those areas.