Old 09-25-2013   #1
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
SUPers in Roaring Fork Valley!

Reaching out to any Roaring Fork Valley SUPers or anyone that might be willing to let me and my wife try a board out this coming weekend. I am looking for various boards to float my 6' 190# frame....preferably a 6inch board. My wife is 5'5" 130# and she is interested in a super stable board.

We will be doing mostly river running and are looking at Hala Boards, NRS Czar6, and Badfish MCiT's. If you are in the Roaring Fork Valley or nearby and would be willing to let us demo your board some time this weekend please let us know! Happy to provide beer and/or some Colorado kind...please let us know! Looking forward to hearing from you!

calendar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #2
Carbondale, Colorado
Ragged Mountain might still have some to demo - not sure of specs though.

watermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #3
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Hey Cal, so your going from a plastic grover to down river rollerblading. You know what they say about fat chicks and scooters... Whats the hardest thing about rollerblading...

Jenny has the Sevlor Somoa inflatable and a "soft top" deck at Ragged. Not what your looking for. The Hala seemed like a good option. For my $$ I'd support Mike Harvey and the guys at Bad Fish. The board(s) are great on the river and lakes. Super stable, a bit slower on the flat water, but your not on a sup downriver for speed. Did not notice the slight amount of water on the deck. For ocean, the bad fish would be OK in the swells, but not a hard enough chine to really surf a wave. That is what glassed foam is for. Man is it hard catching waves in the ocean.

I Have not had a chance to try them, but my brother has a Hobie "School" that he thinks is great. He also has a quiver of Riviera and Hobie glass boards.

SUP Comparison Chart
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #4
basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
call Charlie at aspen kayak academy, or something like that, super good guy and knows a thing or two about SUP, you may already know him
T-Boss is offline   Reply With Quote