Old 07-24-2015   #1
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2015
Super mellow river runs?

Hi all,

I've SUP'd the S Platte and Co but am looking for a very mellow meandering river to float with my girlfriend on her SUP. More of a SIP'n and SUP'n day. Probably explore and bounce some lakes too. Live in Littleton Co. Hitting front range mtns. Class 1 tops and prefer not to drive more than 3 hrs one way.

Anybody know if you can float the dream stream without pissing off the fly fisherman?

Thanks for any insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

scottyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015   #2
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
No, don't even try the Dream Stream. First its always so clogged with fishermen its sure to cause a it is fast, shallow water with at least one fence across it. Try the Pueblo greenway.

GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015   #3
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Super mellow river runs?

I know you said Colorado but State Bridge to Catamount take-out is best option right now. Calm and plenty of room to sup. Did it at highwater on sup and it is easy. Head up 131 to stagecoach res or hit up the plethora of res/lake options in flat tops. I live in oak creek and have sup'ed most of them. All great fishing too and State bridge has live music.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
SteamboatBORN is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off