Old 08-05-2013   #11
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
Not sure if you want to wait for it, but it looks like Badfish is coming out with the exact board you're looking for:

benjamin_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #12
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
JK SUPerCHARGER = Fun board but super heavy which equates to low performance surfing, yet very stable in big water with gnarly eddies. Yea, one at CKS right now for cheap - they could ship it to you - pretty sure, although shipping would be around $150...

Glide = Traditional plan shapes that did not impress me that much. I tried out a few Glides and thought that they were run of the mill. The bedliner is a cool idea (same as sharkskin) but the Badfish has it over them in spades as far as design is concerned.

Badfish MVP 9' Sharkskin - Great downriver board. Super Stable. Bombproof lay up with the plastic on the bottom of it. Surfs really well, and still has that performance board feel. Maybe somewhat slow on's only 9' long and has a lot of rocker on it for surfing and downriver.

Starboard 10' Astro Whopper Deluxe - You said that you do not want an inflatable, but you pretty much described what this board does. It is a killer board downriver because it is 35" at the waist. The new 2014 boards have a shit ton of progressive rocker in the nose so it will rip surfing(even more than it already does), and it is also fun on flatwater because you can throw a long center fin it...They are super stiff because of the density of the material in the drop stitch, and also the 10" wide stringer running down the center of the board. You can inflate up past 20psi if you want to.
I have paddled this board on class III and surfed it on all kinds of waves. My wife loves it on flatwater. The tapered tail is fun to whip around and carve when you surf, yet it is fast enough to take on flat water for a few miles...

Also, Starboard is making that board in a very durable design for 2014 - called the ASAP (As Strong As Possible). It is the same plan shape as the inflatable 10' whopper but a hard board.

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #13
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1986
Don't give up on Glide just yet. They have been working with Seth Warren on a new design that he tested on the White Nile in Africa. He was able to clean all of the rapids there supposedly. I have paddled some of their boards and really liked them, but I really want to try the new Nile inspired board to compare it with my Badfish MVP 9'. It is great to see more innovation in whitewater boards.
mukunig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #14
Georgetown, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
my offer stands. If you want to try a Glide including the Nile board, contact me. 720-257-3734
Seth, Aaron, and a ton of other pros paddle Glide. Even EJ at Payette games finals.

if you haven't tried a Glide in 3 seasons (sliver) then you should. Our boards change with our in house r&d and Manufacturing.

most sup's = overseas
Glide sup = USA,
RyanMullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #15
fayetteville, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 1995
Thank you every one for the help I really Appreciate it
timothy2031469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #16
cottonwood heights, Utah
Paddling Since: 1992
I have a jackson SUPercharger and a imagine rapid fire. Both boards are great for the white water. I just took my SUPercharger on a 6 night 7 day trip down the Salmon River. The board was amazing.
papa snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #17
Where ever the water is...., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to peterholcombe
I've loved my SUPer Charger, the weight is an advantage on the river. It punces holes great and I don't need any fins for river running so I am not hanging up on rocks or breaking them. You can put them on I just haven't needed them. It is such a durable board I don't even worry about rocks.
peterholcombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #18
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hi guys, I'm interested in getting into this. Is there a type of board a beginner should get? What's the range I should expect to pay? Thanks for the help!
River.Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #19
4CRS, Durango, Colorado
Shameless shop plug.

We have a used 2013 Glide Lochsa for sale for $749. 1 Ding repair, otherwise damage free.
and a barley used Badfish MVP-S 7'6" for sale for $849. 1 chip in the gel coat and thats it.
Pics on our website,

Give us a call if you're interested, 4 Corners Riversports 970-259-3893

TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote