Old 10-09-2013   #31
Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1896
But if you did, it would stay cold longer. Wonder if a grizzly would be more, or less, motivated if the cooler held spam. More controversially, would a canyon holding spam hold up as well or better than a yeti holding spam. Is defense of spam worth the additional cost of the yeti.

JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #32
Groveland, California
Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
Just for info I have sent them an email regarding the behavior HPMG was experiencing and this forum. Agreed not acceptable, this is all about the boating and relaxation not bickering about gear.

Did you get my PM? I'm guessing not since I haven't heard from you....anyhow, I'd appreciate if you could forward me your correspondence, it would be quite helpful. Email info included in PM.

HPMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #33
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
Well, For me, it is when a business or associates pretend to be average Joe user/consumers to advertise or push their own products. Maybe I'm the one that has my terminology wrong.
Don't mistake my comment as an attack on you or anyone in general. It refers to those who are aggressively attacking others, disparaging product, etc. there's a lot of it been going on lately. One thing to be proud of what you own. Another to benefit from disparaging what you don't. Seems like there are a lot of product cheerleaders on the buzz lately pushing their own agenda
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #34
Denver,, exhaustion
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
Wow really?, I'm a deuch and all of this reaction for a comment about spamming?? First, I am VERY sorry to Canyon Coolers. I did in fact think Canyon Coolers was part of Canyon Inflatables. I apriciate that HMPG at least tried to understand what happened. I am brand new to the rafting world with little experience and ZERO affiliates or loyalties. Not an excuse, just an explanation. To the owner of CC, please don't be mad at anyone else here. It was due solely to my ignorance. Due to the reaction of so many here I'm guessing you have a great product with many loyal customers. The next time your in Great Falls look me up and I'll stand still while you punch me in the nose. Second, despite my unforgivable mistake of confusing the like names, I stand behind my position. Spamming bypasses the proper method of advertising on any forum, and reduses said forums ability to make the revenue they've earned. It degrades the ability of newbies such as myself to get correct information and genuine opinions and experiences. I have personally experienced that on THIS site as some of the spamming has been tenacious and painfully OBVIOUS! It DOES leave a bad taste in my mouth about any business involved and it should be said. I didn't insult anyone personally or their products as some suggested. Just a poor practice. I don't believe my comments were vulgar or disrespectful, but they were honest. This is a discussion forum, yes? Honestly, if I hadn't mixed the names, would anyone have had any objections? Maybe I should have put that kind of comment in the General section, but It certainly is not "Off Topic" If that makes me a deuch or gets me disciplined so be it. That said, I apologize also for causing problems to the owner of this site or partners. If you hav'nt already done so feel free to edit thread in what ever way you will.

You spelled " douche " wrong.
"We should restore the practice of dueling. It might improve manners around here" -Edward Abbey
adgeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #35
Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Yea I did, what kind of a douche does that?? I saw it and tried to change it shortly after but I got a notification that I can't edit replies after 15min from original submission.

HPMG and Avatard. Thanks for the notes. I probably responded to quickly when I should have been reading your replies more carefully instead of taking them personally.
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #36
Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Is defense of spam worth the additional cost of the yeti.
Depends if it does a better job. I love (that kind) of spam and would pay the higher price for better protection. Especially the new Bacon Spam. Seen that yet?

ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote