Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#344 ·
This.

10 person self bailing river raft

From the ad.

I have a 10 person self-bailing river raft for sale. This raft has never been in the water ... it is brand new. The brand is an Endeavor 16'4" raft. This thing is perfect for taking out on the grand canyon or some of the other bigger rivers in Washington. This raft is an equivalent to other top brand rafts such as the aire 156D that goes for $4950 and the nsr 162 that goes for $6250. So really you're getting quite a deal on this raft. I am asking $4500 obo. Call me and we can arrange a time for you to come take a look at it. You wont be disappointed.

#345 ·
kayak plus

layers of fibre glass and resin applied to this kayak to reinforce the hull.. 13 foot long, weighs 45 pounds, 24 inches wide, and 12 inches high. Adjustable foot rests. Built to run big water and bounce off rocks. Comes with spray skirt, helmet, light nylon jacket , and 80 inch fibre glass paddle.

#346 ·
14' Aire Whitwater Raft & Trailer

This 14' Aire Tributary is pictured on the Rogue, Snake and Middle Fork . This is a full whitewater package and includes everything you need for river expeditions except your camping gear.
The boat is in excellent condition and has always been stored indoors, partially deflated with a cover (included) and has multiple extra custom D rings for fastening gear plus a heavy duty cargo net. Thwarts are included as well.
The frame is an Aluminum NRS. The dry box is custom welded aluminum and the cooler is a marine Igloo 120 quart. The oars (3) are Sawyer 9' and Sawyer blades plus Oar Rights and tethers.
The trailer is custom built with rollers for easy on and off loading plus a pulley loading system. There is about 115 cubic feet of secure storage on the trailer, enough for the gear from two fully loaded boats. It has 17" tires plus a spare and wrench and is heavy-duty enough to easily haul all stored gear and two or more stacked boats over the roughest roads.
Included among the many extras and accessories are:
• Waterproof iPod stereo system (iPod not included)
• New patch kit
• Repair kit including spare valves, etc.
• Day Cooler
• Water Bottles
• Bow and stern lines
• Rescue throw line
• Flip Lines
• Pump
• Misc. straps
I'm moving on to new adventures and passing on this complete set-up for someone else's new adventure.
$4,900

#352 ·
Ding...ding...ding we have a winner. At first this looked like a good deal until I realized the price was for the tubes only. A new 15'6" St Cat from Sotar cost $3065. This guy is selling his "custom" boat for $2950. If you want the frame, cough up another $1k or have it ready to float for $5500!

16'x26" sotar cataraft almost new

16'x26" custom sotar ST cataraft. 2012 5.5 years remain on warranty. Super fat tubes!! Custom bent aluminum frame 6061 T6 aluminum. NRS low pro's for a fully adjustable frame. Webbed floor in all black. Powder coated white, looks awesome! Yeti 125 qt cooler, one high back seat w/drain hole. Foot bar, choice of 8" or 10" NRS oar towers, cobra oar locks and two saywer square top oars 10'. 2007 8x10 sled bed aluminum trailer.
Tubes only:$2950
Tubes and frame:$3950
Whole package w/trailer:$5500
Call/text 3 six O 44zero 3 four 13
Or email

Whitewater, cat boat, aire, nrs, sotar, outdoor rafting, raft row

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

#353 ·
That's CravinMorehead for you .... It sure looks a lot more like a deal than the $8000 he quoted me on the river ...

In honesty I think they tubes are oversized vs the Sotar 15'6. And they might actually be 16'. Its a dusty frame, not sure why he's selling it.

Ding...ding...ding we have a winner. At first this looked like a good deal until I realized the price was for the tubes only. A new 15'6" St Cat from Sotar cost $3065. This guy is selling his "custom" boat for $2950. If you want the frame, cough up another $1k or have it ready to float for $5500!

16'x26" sotar cataraft almost new

16'x26" custom sotar ST cataraft. 2012 5.5 years remain on warranty. Super fat tubes!! Custom bent aluminum frame 6061 T6 aluminum. NRS low pro's for a fully adjustable frame. Webbed floor in all black. Powder coated white, looks awesome! Yeti 125 qt cooler, one high back seat w/drain hole. Foot bar, choice of 8" or 10" NRS oar towers, cobra oar locks and two saywer square top oars 10'. 2007 8x10 sled bed aluminum trailer.
Tubes only:$2950
Tubes and frame:$3950
Whole package w/trailer:$5500
Call/text 3 six O 44zero 3 four 13
Or email

Whitewater, cat boat, aire, nrs, sotar, outdoor rafting, raft row

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

#358 ·
I saw it and thought, hmmm maybe I can offer to buy a few parts off his frame since he'll never be seeing any money otherwise if he sticks to this price... But guys, he's got a down payment on a condo to make so we're helping him, his loss our gain...

Everything is more expensive in ski towns, even used gear.... Although I did just buy a 30pk of beer in Steamboat 2 days ago for 13.99! That should make the best deal list!

#359 ·
Dang Man.....now I'm afraid to post my cataraft for sale, for fear of ending up in this thread. :rolleyes: