Worst deals out there. - Page 96 - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-21-2016   #951

Anchor point, Alaska
Paddling Since: 78
Dave scadden crap, I bin dupped

Buyer beware. I was days from leaving to go commercial fishing, called this guy, and boy can he talk. He told me his 12 foot raft would float me and my moose(1000) pounds drawing 2 or 3 inches of water... It would skate across the water... Might even fly. My bad. Simply. Physics tells you that to float 1000 pounds you need to displace 16 cubic foot of water. A 12 foot by 4 foot square box would draw over 4 inches... So a raft with round tubes and rounded bow and stern. My guess is 5 or 6 inch draw minimum? I called him before it shipped and said cancel. He refused and lied it had already shipped... All sales are final(his items are on sale 365 days a year)... 8 hours later it did ship.... Ups confirmed not before. I told him I'd send it back... He recalled it... Then told me I could pick something else. No refund... Pick another of his crap products... I disputed with the cc company. He sent it again... Unreal. Do not do business with this con artist sheister.

Sorry for the negative first post... But this guy needs exposed. Most just take the reeming and walk away. Seems others deserve fair warning. Seller is protected here... Consumer is screwed.

Upriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2016   #952

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
What guy???

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #953

Anchor point, Alaska
Paddling Since: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osseous View Post
What guy???

I assume you are asking me this. Dave scadden of north fork outdoors. I get along with most people, and rarely have a business transaction that can't be resolved. As example I have over 200 eBay transactions with eBay 100% rating... Never disputed anything on my CC in ten years. I'm doing it now with Dave scadden... He does t tell the truth, his products suck, and he hides behind his 365 days a year sales... No return on sale items. I really don't like that when I challenged his claim his raft would float the 1000 pounds with 2 or 3 inches of draft, he stuck to it, and sent the raft anyway. Who in business wants their product in the hands of someone who will be disappointed and has enough experience to give you ten years of bad press? Makes no sense to me...but this is how he rolls. On the hunt I bought this raft to do, it simply will not work... Super shallow coming out. I've done it in the past spearing he weight between two boats... Tricky to row downriver. But doable. With this raft a second boat will not work... So the raft doesn't work for me... And I bought based on his claim of 2 or 3 inches draft... Beyond that the oars and frame suck... The boat is poorly designed... And yea... Sucks
Upriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #954

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
Join the club, bro. Hope you get your money back. You're right about the boat. I bet it was "class V rated!" as well~

Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #955
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
Dude, you should of searches this site for dave scadden before purchasing the boat
Old 07-21-2016   #956

glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
You can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butchers ass but wouldn't you rather take the bulls word for it.

I'd take that deal n crawfish, then drill that ole devil in the ass.
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #957

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
If you've paid with a credit card, just put them on it and you may get your money back, but it sounds like you got a raft of some sort.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016   #958
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Wtf! That should be your new signature Panama!
Old 07-25-2016   #959

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2008
It's rated Class IV!!!

https://boise.craigslist.org/spo/5689481050.html

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rive...17301254988449
case_seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016   #960

Meridian, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
That set up looks almost identical to mine. Although I have a different frame and no side boxes. I had to go check my garage after I saw this ad on CL.

Although it will never be in the Great Deals thread, I don't think it's a worst deals candidate. The raft is 5 years older than mine and that is the deciding factor. (I did have an offer on mine last year for a price not too far south of what he's asking)
brasscap is offline   Reply With Quote