Worst deals out there. - Page 90 - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-09-2016   #891

Cave Creek, Arizona
$9,795 + Tax. That is if you get the largest of everything.

$6,350 for the raft
$1,260 for the frame
Around $415 for the floor
$500 for the Table
$510 for the Dry Box
$380 apiece for the captains boxes

Not to mention the floor, boxes and table are not part of the basic frame setup. Those are all extras.

InflatableSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2016   #892

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Are you saying I Can overpay for a raft and accessories and still make a 20% profit?
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016   #893
swimming

Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
I would love to see that receipt, I wanna know how to make that much money with primitive equipment tightening fittings,damn. Those 1500.00 frames would take us 3 hours to build from scratch, That's it I am heading to Colorado to catch me some bearded hipster boaters!
GreenWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016   #894

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
you are an idiot
I'm throwing the BS flag on this one. Pyke is either the seller or from DRE or friend.

Pyke, if your the seller/friend you have no buisness calling anyone else an idiot. Sorry you got scammed or that you lied about the costs.

if you are DRE/friend your making yourself look really bad here to folks who know the difference.

Oops, I just realized that Elk already called it. Sorry Elk
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016   #895

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
BTW Cpt. Pyke, I feel for you. I really do. That is a beautiful rig and either you were hoping to make a lot of money on this deal or someone else did make a lot of money on you, but instead of being mad at us you may want to consider what it is that we are saying. ElkHaven has 1,400 posts and if you'll follow some of them you'll find out that he and many others here know what they are talking about. Especially if you need to sell that rig in a timely manner.
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016   #896

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
trailer was included in the deal...

I am not going to comment on whether it is a good deal or not but I think you guys are overlooking that the trailer is included in the deal...just sayin...
Old 03-09-2016   #897
over the horizon

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
That trailer is sexy. Can I buy that separate from the $11,000 raft?
BmfnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016   #898

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongmontRafter View Post
I am not going to comment on whether it is a good deal or not but I think you guys are overlooking that the trailer is included in the deal...just sayin...
For my part, I'm not arguing the deal on the raft as it sits now (though I surely wouldn't be interested at that price). I just have a hard time believing someone payed 12K for rubber and that frame, including all the tables and boxes; as stated in the linked add. It seems overly exaggerated to me.

And I'm not going to cry myself to sleep tonight over being called an idiot. It's no skin off my back.
Old 03-09-2016   #899

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongmontRafter View Post
No one is overlooking anything. Anyone can buy this package BRAND NEW with a comparable trailer for as much or less.

Pyke, I'm sorry that my reply insulted you, mine was a quote but I guess I could have commented in a less insulting manner. The fact is that raft is overpriced. It's not a big deal, look at this thread is almost 100 pages of people asking too much. In this case there are only two options; either the owner was over charged in which case he was damaged, or he is not telling the full truth in which case he is the one damaging some decent folks.

I am cheap though if that means I like to get a lot for my money. But In this case it would be getting a lot for a lot.
FatGuynaLitlBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016   #900

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Hard sell, value aside who's gonna buy that? At that price point you can build just about any dream boat/frame/trailer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote