Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#10 ·
13' 2-man Cataraft

No price, must be free! Actually, he said em him for a 'detailed' price list...not sure what an em is but details are usually expensive

Hah!!.. I have one of those boats!!!... You buy it for $1500, spend another $1000 upgrading it, then you realize it's still not really what you want so you sell it at a huge loss and go buy a real raft or cat...

Say, anybody want to buy a North Fork Outdoors 13' 2-man Cataraft? Cheap?

#9 ·
Thread Jack

My Jive is the best kayak I've ever owned. It along with a foreplay, and cross fire are the only ones I've felt setimental enough about to keep.

It still comes out on big water days where I'm going to have to reach to get to good play waves and where a blend of speed and playability is needed to get through the crap to a good wave. While I'll agree that this is too pricey, I would never call a Jive a crappy boat!

#13 ·
holy schamolie. that is one expensive crappy cat.

I would suspect your could get a customized sotar, madcatr frame, sweet oars, dryboxes, coolers, trailer and all the trimmings new for significantly less.
I guess you got the list of goodies. Does it come with a diamond encrusted throwbag?

#15 ·
I agree that his price is too high, but it isn't entirely unreasonable. And your a bit drunk with the idea you can get the setup you described above for less.

14' Sotar Legand $2780 (stock)
Madcatr Frame $1000 (probably more like $1500 for the fishing setup)
4 Cataract Oars (plus oarlocks, sleeves and rights) $960
Drybox $360
Cooler (Igloo 120 ) $270
Trailer $2895 (Rapid Rig Trailer)
Sub-Total = $8265

Trimmings:
2 Rocket boxes, 2 water jugs $120
Straps $250
Firepan, lid, case $275
Stove (Partner 4 burner) $339
Tables (one roll, one skidguard) $305
Groover (Eco-safe) $190
Drybags (assorted) $200
Sub-Total = $1,679

Total = $9,944 (w/o trolling motor)

Note that i didn't include umbrellas, drop bags, kitchen drybox, river shelter, fire blanket, sand stakes, boomboxes, roll cage, a portable keg-er-ator, ice maker, gas powered blender or other essential items.

#17 ·
Wow, gotta feel bad for who bought this sled. Brand new trailers with rails so you can put gear underneath and a 3500lb axle go for about $300 less. Like granny always said you can't polish a terd, or for the ******* who wants to fix it up like I made the made the mistake of doing, its like puttin lipstick on a pig.... squeal... squeal... city boy.

Raft Trailer For Sale - Mountain Buzz Gear Swap

#19 ·
#23 ·
Here is the holy grail. An $800 dancer with gear that would be the envy of the pioneers of white water. Kayak for sale
Oh dear Gawd. I actually had a roll down in my brother's Dancer once upon a very, very long time ago. And the seller even shows a photo of his kid hosing the dust out of the thing....

Maybe he's hoping a well endowed whitewater museum will buy it and the mint condition PFD?

#24 ·
Eco-Safe Toilet System (For Sale) Post #: 16158 Category: Accessories

System works with rocket box. It's had minimal use and is great condition. All gaskets are good and seal air tight. Includes tank,toilet seat,hose for pumping and a box of digesting enzyme packets. New units are $300.
Phone: 970.270.2855 Location: Carbondale,CO
Posted: 5/9/2011 Price: $$225

I paid $160 for this setup and it's $200 on Nrs web site

Reactions: Class3Hero
#25 ·
Eco-Safe Toilet System (For Sale) Post #: 16158 Category: Accessories

System works with rocket box. It's had minimal use and is great condition. All gaskets are good and seal air tight. Includes tank,toilet seat,hose for pumping and a box of digesting enzyme packets. New units are $300.
Phone: 970.270.2855 Location: Carbondale,CO
Posted: 5/9/2011 Price: $$225

I paid $160 for this setup and it's $200 on Nrs web site

Maybe this one comes full of corn-eyed brown trout?

#29 ·
Anything from Sea Eagle. When I was a newb and didn't know of the buzz or anyone I could get advice from I made the mistake of buying one. First time out on a class 1 float I had a D ring snap. They sent me some replacements and instructions to replace them. When I tried to remove the old d ring patch the material of the boat dissolved faster than the adhesive. So I had to ghetto style it with P-cord. In three years I have had 5 more snap into pieces. Then the "Pro" seats fell apart where they single stiched the seam between the back support and seat. All this on a boat they claim you can hit with the claw side of a hammer and run class 4 rapids comfortably. Well let me tell ya, When you are coming up to Mixmaster (main Payette)or Lone Pine (SF Payette canyon) and the D rings holding your seat and/or knee braces snap you go from butterflies in your stomach to teriffied. And no it is not comfortable to run class four in. I would rather ferry a big raft in a rapid than that POS, and it ain't as stable as a raft. They say that the value is $1500 but they are on sale for $1000. I wish I could sick my avatar on them!

#30 ·
My avatar is a picture of the neighbor I had last year. She had just vandalized my property and was in the process of swinging that shotgun towards me while tresspassing when I took that pic. I tackled her before she could get the shot off. Her name is Carolyn Ann Glass, she is one crazy bitch. Lives on Deer point rd in Crouch Idaho and in Flagstaff AZ. You are all warned!
PS: She is now suing her HOA because she got stuck in her driveway last winter.

#31 ·
My avatar is a picture of the neighbor I had last year. She had just vandalized my property and was in the process of swinging that shotgun towards me while tresspassing when I took that pic. I tackled her before she could get the shot off. Her name is Carolyn Ann Glass, she is one crazy bitch. Lives on Deer point rd in Crouch Idaho and in Flagstaff AZ. You are all warned!
PS: She is now suing her HOA because she got stuck in her driveway last winter.
Come on!, now you got to tell the rest of the story, the whole incident

:)