Worst deals out there. - Page 70 - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-15-2015   #691

Craigamerica, -
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-nev View Post
I also had an ex Avon rep try to trade me for it on Westwater about three years ago, he wanted to trade me for his 16 ft Avon with all of his gear, dry boxes, coolers, everything...
He even said all the food in the coolers. So I Know what I have, I have done my research...
What you have is a 23 year old boat dont try to church it up Dirt. Getting 9000 g for that thing is a pipe dream. Getting 3 is a stretch. I call bullshit on anyone in the know telling you otherwise or a "rep" trying to trade his rig unless it was a total pile of poopy.

sledhooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2015   #692

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Quote:
I also had an ex Avon rep try to trade me for it on Westwater about three years ago, he wanted to trade me for his 16 ft Avon with all of his gear, dry boxes, coolers, everything...
He even said all the food in the coolers. So I Know what I have, I have done my research...
now that sounds like a good deal for ya. good luck finding a collector of most durable hypalon ever!
melted_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015   #693

cedar city, Utah

I am a resilient Avon fan who knows they are made of angel secretions and even this is over the top to me.

Phillip
restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2015   #694

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Best of luck to you B-nev. The nice thing about this listing is that you'll have a really nice Avon to run next season.
Old 05-15-2015   #695

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
So let's say it is the greatest hypalon ever made. It is still 23 years old. You could buy a similar sized Hyside, brand spanking new, for $3695. Say you only get 11.5 years out of your Hyside. In 2026 you still have the left over $5805 to buy a new boat.

Makes perfect sense to me.
Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015   #696

Evereywhere, State of Bliss
Paddling Since: 2000
BAHHHHAHAHAHHA

Don't stop! This is getting good. Has this ever happened before? A "worst deals out there" victim getting on the thread to defend his "deal"??? And Restrac I thought angel secretions were only in Game of War!! Keep up the entertainment!!!
tteton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015   #697

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
That particular angel has caused many secretions

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015   #698

Pinecliffe, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
I love Avons and have one but the boat is only worth what someone is willing to pay... 9500 is ridiculous you should have traded it and then sold the trade boat.
Old 05-15-2015   #699

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
She is pretty!
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015   #700

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
Avon definitely went through some awkward years with their materials. If you ever see them side by side its obvious their production changed. That said, that doesn't mean a boat doubles in price; it means the boats with less desirable material depreciate faster. That is some jacked logic and I doubt a professional qouted him almost $10k for a 24 year old inflatable.

Very much in the WTF category. I could see asking $2000+ or so just for the rubber but not five times that much.

Phillip
I hereby unbunch my panties and STFU as much out of stunned surprise as humility of being wrong about this being a typo. The data have come in and I'm just as astounded as anyone else. Call me a philistine, but I've only been boating 20 years and it's news to me that any make of Hypalon doubles in value from the time a kid is born until he's been serving lattes for a year after college. I don't have any idea how I missed that.

If this seller can find a buyer at that price, I will erect a shrine to PT Barnum and start buying rafts just to 303 and then hermetically seal them so I can get 5 times their "new" price for pay for my retirement.

Maybe there's a very well funded boating museum out there looking for pieces of history??

Quote:
You have missed the opportunity of a lifetime, good sir. Avon's CEO must've put a bounty out for collector boats. Either that or you win the award for the best-executed Buzzard trolling job of the season. Best of luck to you selling your boat on the recreational market.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote