Worst deals out there. - Page 64 - Mountain Buzz
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-24-2015   #631
Jared
 
Learch's Avatar
 
Dundee, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 677
That's why I have a 2.2L Subaru, no HG issues yet. (I'd love the extra hp though)

__________________
Wishing I was on the river instead of surfing the web...
Learch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2015   #632
 
montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 331
If I had 4k laying around, I would be on my way to pick it all up. A couple of years ago I had a forester that lost a timing idler and smashed the valves. I put it on craigslist for $700 and within 30 mins I had a guy on the way to pick it up. While he was on the way, I had about 15 other people call and tell me they would come by with cash immediately. One guy told me that he would give me $1000 if I would screw over the guy who was already on his way to get it. Broken subarus hold value surprisingly well.

As far as car/motorcycle/raft packages go, I think this one is pretty good. I bet somebody could do some work and end up with a free motorcycle of raft depending on their preference.
mikepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015   #633
 
Panama Red's Avatar
 
glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 183
Something
Up
Butt
Aggressively
Rattles
Uniform

Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015   #634
 
2kanzam's Avatar
 
Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 462
wow...I could pick up everything that guy is selling right now with 3 calls.

$500 for the suby
$750 for the bike (or very similar)
$500 for a newer hyside that holds air all the way around
2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015   #635
 
montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanzam View Post
wow...I could pick up everything that guy is selling right now with 3 calls.

$500 for the suby
$750 for the bike (or very similar)
$500 for a newer hyside that holds air all the way around
Where? If you found a self bailing hyside with a double rail aluminum frame for $500, I'll buy it. I can't find a frame like that for under $500 around here.

Hell, I'll buy the subaru for $500 too if it is comparable to the one this guy listed. Then I'll flip it on craigslist for $1,000 easy.
mikepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #636
 
2kanzam's Avatar
 
Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepart View Post
Where? If you found a self bailing hyside with a double rail aluminum frame for $500, I'll buy it. I can't find a frame like that for under $500 around here.

Hell, I'll buy the subaru for $500 too if it is comparable to the one this guy listed. Then I'll flip it on craigslist for $1,000 easy.
My price list did not include the frame....still would bring fair price of the total package to just over 2 grand.

In WV there are a million private junkyards filled with crap like old suby's and yamahas etc. Come on over and we'll take a drive, they are around every corner. (the call would be to ask people near if there are suby's there)

PM me if you are serious and I'll give you the number for a guy that routinely has commercially used hysides for sale (usually ocoee boats) here in WV. Often around $500 but all will hold air, but might be missing a handle or two, maybe thwarts...it all depends. They are ugly but functional. Dunno how willing he is to ship.

Actually I have a 2005 Subaru with 85k miles, An '81 14ft self bailing hyside (with a 91 floor that holds air) and a 2008 Harley I am willing to sell for the prices you guys like to buy at. For instance 6 months ago I looked at a practically new 14ft Otter, with tilting deck trailer, full fishing frame, 2 sets of oars, pfds, pumps, throwbags and cooler for 3k. Posted on this site it would have been snatched up for 5k to 6k....and believe me I thought about doing just that. I own 5 rafts with about $2700 total in rubber.

Living in povertyland has some benefits.
2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #637
 
montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kanzam View Post
My price list did not include the frame....still would bring fair price of the total package to just over 2 grand.

In WV there are a million private junkyards filled with crap like old suby's and yamahas etc. Come on over and we'll take a drive, they are around every corner. (the call would be to ask people near if there are suby's there)

PM me if you are serious and I'll give you the number for a guy that routinely has commercially used hysides for sale (usually ocoee boats) here in WV. Often around $500 but all will hold air, but might be missing a handle or two, maybe thwarts...it all depends. They are ugly but functional. Dunno how willing he is to ship.

Actually I have a 2005 Subaru with 85k miles, An '81 14ft self bailing hyside (with a 91 floor that holds air) and a 2008 Harley I am willing to sell for the prices you guys like to buy at. For instance 6 months ago I looked at a practically new 14ft Otter, with tilting deck trailer, full fishing frame, 2 sets of oars, pfds, pumps, throwbags and cooler for 3k. Posted on this site it would have been snatched up for 5k to 6k....and believe me I thought about doing just that. I own 5 rafts with about $2700 total in rubber.

Living in povertyland has some benefits.
Interesting, I'm not serious about cross county deals right now, but maybe one of these years I will head over to West Virgina and come back with a trailer full of hysides and maybe a Subaru.

I think that there are a handful of mechanics in my area that basically make their living by buying subarus with valve damage or bad head gaskets and repairing them. If you look at Colorado craigslist pages, it's hard to find a running subaru for under 2k.

I agree, the used raft market has gotten ridiculous around here. Particularly inflatable kayaks. Hell, you'd be hard pressed to find a beater hyside ducky for $500 these days in Colorado.
mikepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #638
 
2kanzam's Avatar
 
Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepart View Post

I think that there are a handful of mechanics in my area that basically make their living by buying subarus with valve damage or bad head gaskets and repairing them. If you look at Colorado craigslist pages, it's hard to find a running subaru for under 2k.
No doubt...running being the key. I've had my eyes open for just that deal and regularly stop by old used subys with for sale signs...no luck yet.

Before the cash for clunkers we used to regularly buy $100 vehicles and convert them into mud buggy's and we had a few subaru wagins and a Brat thet lasted WAY longer than a car should (even with a broken axle)

...threadjack over
2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015   #639
 
Panama Red's Avatar
 
glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 183
14' Avon bucket 15 yr outfitter boat, stern frame, 8' carlies, k100, 6 P.F.D.'s, and no thorts/paddles $1,800.00

Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015   #640
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 21
Trade for Jon boat

Ha! good luck!
speadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your Worst Nightmare chadmckenzie26 Winter Buzz 5 05-18-2011 04:49 PM
The Best with the Worst Awards... CVI_Leprechaun Whitewater Kayaking 2 12-01-2008 05:10 PM
the worst hydraulic I have ever seen Mike Harvey Whitewater Kayaking 23 10-23-2008 07:51 AM
He's The Worst Ever Sherm The Eddy 21 12-11-2006 06:56 PM
worst run in Colorado cayo Whitewater Kayaking 0 05-07-2005 01:25 PM

» Classified Ads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.