Worst deals out there. - Page 63 - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-07-2015   #621

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
So did you really think this was a 'worst deal' ......

For what is there I think he is right on with the price really.

You could probably negotiate some off for the d rings ( fabric is shot) that need replaced and I don't like the big fat Echo lettering on there. But damn there is everything you need. Or did I miss something?

just cause its nicer than your ghetto ride Carvedog

You are dyslexic. The pricing is for $4200 not $2400. Add it up.

I'll be generous here and give something close to retail value if the stuff looks new. So $2400 would be a fair deal, $4200 is worst deals ...

$125 for ammo cans
$100 for cooler
$400 for homemade frame
$300 for homemade oars
$1400 for commercially used boat
$100 sotar pad
$100 pump
I'm sure I'm missing $200 worth of change ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2015   #622

Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
So did you really think this was a 'worst deal' ......

For what is there I think he is right on with the price really.
Maybe boats have better resale in your part of the river, but I compare to these:
white water raft frame and boxes

14' Rocky Mountain Raft

I know RMR is not Avon, but three year old private RMR is better than 10+ year old Avon. This combo is $2500, pick up new oars, paco and firepan and you are still set for under $3500. $700 cheaper than the handmade frame and old rubber.
TriBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015   #623
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I'll be generous here and give something close to retail value if the stuff looks new. So $2400 would be a fair deal, $4200 is worst deals ...

$125 for ammo cans
$100 for cooler
$400 for homemade frame
$300 for homemade oars
$1400 for commercially used boat
$100 sotar pad
$100 pump
I'm sure I'm missing $200 worth of change ...
Please show me where you can buy large 20mm and 20mm cans for $15 each I would love to buy some. Everywhere I look they are double that.
Cooler and frame are about right, except for the drop frame which I love on mine since I don't run it on day trips.
Those oars are bitchin' - I would love to have them. Rope wrap kit alone is $75.
Boat is in right value range.

Please show me where to buy used pad and pump for $100 each and those look very lightly used.

Firepan, table, groover that you don't have to make??????
Five paddles for paddle boating.
A boat load of straps?

If you are trying to lowball the guy minimize as much as you can. That is his starting price. It seems fair enough to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBri1 View Post
Maybe boats have better resale in your part of the river, but I compare to these:
white water raft frame and boxes

14' Rocky Mountain Raft

I know RMR is not Avon, but three year old private RMR is better than 10+ year old Avon. This combo is $2500, pick up new oars, paco and firepan and you are still set for under $3500. $700 cheaper than the handmade frame and old rubber.
And $200 pump.

I love RMR and they get better every year. The frame looks ok but I need a break down. One of those boxes looks wood, handmade or something weird and let us not forget table, pump, patch kit, groover, extra rockets and straps.

I still think it's a not a bad price especially before negotiating, certainly not a worst dealů.no offense. I would still take my 22 yr old ghetto raft to boat with you guys.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2015   #624

portland, Oregon
Quote:
Please show me where you can buy large 20mm and 20mm cans for $15 each I would love to buy some. Everywhere I look they are double that.
Cooler and frame are about right, except for the drop frame which I love on mine since I don't run it on day trips.
Those oars are bitchin' - I would love to have them. Rope wrap kit alone is $75.
Boat is in right value range.

Please show me where to buy used pad and pump for $100 each and those look very lightly used.

Firepan, table, groover that you don't have to make??????
Five paddles for paddle boating.
A boat load of straps?

If you are trying to lowball the guy minimize as much as you can. That is his starting price. It seems fair enough to start.

And $200 pump.

I love RMR and they get better every year. The frame looks ok but I need a break down. One of those boxes looks wood, handmade or something weird and let us not forget table, pump, patch kit, groover, extra rockets and straps.

I still think it's a not a bad price especially before negotiating, certainly not a worst dealů.no offense. I would still take my 22 yr old ghetto raft to boat with you guys.
I do agree with you on how good the oars look. How well they were made I guess would depend on how well you rate his experience making oars.

I would take two aluminum dryboxes any day vs 10 or so ammo cans that weigh about as much as the trailer required to haul them. I'd even take a shit in a box if I didn't have to use someone's old ammo can groover box. $25 is the price for never used surplus ammo cans, but I traded mine in long ago for something that didn't hurt my arms trying to lift them.

do me a favor and PM me with your contact info for when I go to sell my boat with initial asking price at 20% off full retail ...

Its all good. Just giving you shit. I more than fully appreciate your contributions to the buzz but don't agree with your defense of this boat ...
Old 03-15-2015   #625

NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Used Perception Phat only $500, includes skirt!
colo springs for sale "kayak" - craigslist

New WaveSport BigEz only $700:
Wavesport Big EZ kayak
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #626

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
I could be way off on this one but there I found some commercially used Outfitters being sold for $900 (2009) and $1000 (2010) while the outfitter lists new ones for $1259.

Seems that they are charging equal or more to the wholesale volume price that they paid to get them new in spite of having 5 seasons of use?
cschmidt1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015   #627

NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
I think all outfitters do that. Retail raft prices appreciate 3-5% a year. Outfitters buy at a discount (quantity), use them for 3-6 years, then sell for equal to or more than they paid for them in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmidt1023 View Post
I could be way off on this one but there I found some commercially used Outfitters being sold for $900 (2009) and $1000 (2010) while the outfitter lists new ones for $1259.

Seems that they are charging equal or more to the wholesale volume price that they paid to get them new in spite of having 5 seasons of use?
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015   #628

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
It may not be the worst deal, but...

Show Ad - NRS Community
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015   #629
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Colorado Starter Kit - Mountain Buzz Gear Swap

A bunch of broken shit for $4,000. What a deal!
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015   #630

Salida, 81201
Paddling Since: 1995
Yeah, The best part of that deal is the 1991 Hyside. Subaru with 244,000 miles that needs a head gasket WTF!
thinksnow is offline   Reply With Quote