Worst deals out there. - Page 50 - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-16-2014   #491
Owner: Class 5 Carvings

The Fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Found one more, kinda bored today...

14' AVON ADVENTURER RAFT PACKAGE -High-end, Multi-day set-up

11K for a raft and gear. Don't get me wrong its a nice set up, but that's basically full retail that anyone could walk into any shop and say give me a few of everything... But its the brand navy seals use so who knows maybe that means its extra sweet...

Paul the Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014   #492
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the Kayaker View Post
Found one more, kinda bored today...

14' AVON ADVENTURER RAFT PACKAGE -High-end, Multi-day set-up

11K for a raft and gear. Don't get me wrong its a nice set up, but that's basically full retail that anyone could walk into any shop and say give me a few of everything... But its the brand navy seals use so who knows maybe that means its extra sweet...
Don't be so bored. I don't see how this is the worst deal.

If someone was in Laramie and needed a full set up this is about as good as it gets. Everything seems like great gear. And his retail prices are right on from what I can see. So he is asking $2,600 less than retail. No sales tax and no shipping if you are in Wyoming. How is that bad?

He is asking 10,995. You walk in with $9,500 in cash and I bet you have a deal. There is shit on here and this is great gear 20% off new before you negotiate.

What's your story morning glory?
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #493
Owner: Class 5 Carvings

The Fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Ya I guess you're right... but if I walked into DRE with 10K in my pocket I bet they give me 20% off as well on all actually brand new stuff... It may be lightly used but its still all used. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have this whole set up, but I'd want to pay way less then retail off craigslist since you really dont know how any of it was treated... I was just surprised to see an 11K price tag on CL for a raft package, when most like this are about 5-6K with a trailer.
Paul the Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #494

Post Falls, Idaho
I'm down with paul on this one. Sure its not the "worst deal" but its definatly not --

"Raft Package Of Your Dreams at an absolutely unbeatable price." as outlined in ad

I think that one could beat that price point by a good margine on a USED boat that would be just as great as that avon over the long haul. And like paul said. If I went to any dealer they would discount all the gear purchased with the boat no less than 15%. So, there is $8080 in gear that would cost no more that $6868. Add that to the price of the raft and the real total is 12263 in boat and gear. If you buy from OR then no taxes. Its easy to get free shipping too. Just have the raft drop shipped from the manufacture like Aire does. It doesn't take much before this become a real bad deal apon inspection. And if you wait until fall clearance season you could buy that whole packege brand spanking new for 10K just saying.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #495
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I'm down with paul on this one. Sure its not the "worst deal" but its definatly not --

"Raft Package Of Your Dreams at an absolutely unbeatable price." as outlined in ad
The name of this thread is "Worst Deals Out There" not "badly titled Craigslist rafting ads" and sure you could drive to OR and get something there without paying sales tax. What $200 to $250 fuel. And I am sure that a retailer that is already discounting everything would just LOVE to throw in $200 to $300 worth of freight if they can even get it shipped for that. A lot of supposition and "bet I could".

This is still not a "bad" deal, even if you tight bastards could get close to that, and it is very far indeed from the Worst Deal.

Can you even get Avon's here anymore?

Add shipping from England or Wales or whatever and it starts to be a better deal.
Old 04-16-2014   #496

Post Falls, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
The name of this thread is "Worst Deals Out There" not "badly titled Craigslist rafting ads" and sure you could drive to OR and get something there without paying sales tax. What $200 to $250 fuel. And I am sure that a retailer that is already discounting everything would just LOVE to throw in $200 to $300 worth of freight if they can even get it shipped for that. A lot of supposition and "bet I could".

This is still not a "bad" deal, even if you tight bastards could get close to that, and it is very far indeed from the Worst Deal.

Can you even get Avon's here anymore?

Add shipping from England or Wales or whatever and it starts to be a better deal.
AVON is calling. AVONs are girl's boats!

A phone call to OR is free on my verizon phone.

Ever heard of drop shipping! guess not.

But I think we touched on a sore spot. Cravedog is this your boat for sale. I'm starting to think so. So I am sorry if I upset u. If its not your boat, go jump on that killer deal.
Old 04-16-2014   #497
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
AVON is calling. AVONs are girl's boats!

A phone call to OR is free on my verizon phone.

Ever heard of drop shipping! guess not.

But I think we touched on a sore spot. Cravedog is this your boat for sale. I'm starting to think so. So I am sorry if I upset u. If its not your boat, go jump on that killer deal.
Not my boat. I don't even know anyone in Laramie. But this is a fair price for a lightly used Avon with all the shit.

And yeah you could until fall and save money....except you can't get an Avon here just a special order Zodiac something. And if you did just two week long trips boats are renting at about $100 plus extra for some of the goodies.

You guys must be seriously easy to get all chapped up about if this deal seems bad to you.
Old 04-16-2014   #498

pocatello, Idaho
As the founding father of this thread, a connoisseur of used equipment and one who has seen carvedog in his underwear I'm going to issue a ruling.

12k for a package feels excessive to me.

But for exactly the right person it is an ok place to start negotiating.

So my ruling is shared custody of the shit and no alimony to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
fiya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014   #499

Post Falls, Idaho
Bahaha. I'm sorry you had to see the Dawg in his skivies. Your judgment is accepted. I'll sign the pappers first thing in the am. (-:

If that deal was a maravia with a cascade frame, I would have sided with the dawg.

The drybox and cooler rock the kazba. But for the right person? Maybe. But for now, I'd say a sucker is born every minute. I just had a co-worker drop 23K for a 69 chevelle w/out the stock motor and it had 150K with a small rust spot. For him it was a good deal. So ya never know do ya?
Old 04-17-2014   #500

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I liked the Avon. If only I was rich...

This one is a qualifier for certain:
Maxon 12' self bailing raft with row frame
wheretheriverflows is offline   Reply With Quote