Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#1,117 ·
He also posts in Eugene, Oregon and Bend Oregon even though it's for delivery in Colorado.

(see https://eugene.craigslist.org/spo/d/for-sale-classic-avon-self/6452114400.html and https://bend.craigslist.org/spo/d/for-sale-classic-avon-self/6460366603.html)

That's a violation of two of Craigslist's terms of service (posting locally and posting only one place). Sometimes it appears more than once in one location; a third violation.

Feel free to flag it as prohibited every time you see it.

Here's another rotten deal:
There's a second hand shop in Corvallis that has what appears to be an early '80s (or late '70s) 16' Rogue Inflatable bucket boat that is literally falling apart with no frame, oars, or anything for $1000. I pleaded with them to drop the price to $200, and to drain out the water and put it under a roof. It'll end up in the landfill.

A good deal:
A guy in Portland is selling a 15' Rogue Inflatable package with a frame, four oars, barney bag, two coolers, kitchen box, and a bunch of other stuff for $700 (if it hasn't sold yet). It's allegedly a one-owner boat that has been stored indoors all its life. Self-described as a budget boat, it will get someone into a terrible obsession with rafting.

#1,118 ·
He also posts in Eugene, Oregon and Bend Oregon even though it's for delivery in Colorado.

(see https://eugene.craigslist.org/spo/d/for-sale-classic-avon-self/6452114400.html and https://bend.craigslist.org/spo/d/for-sale-classic-avon-self/6460366603.html)

That's a violation of two of Craigslist's terms of service (posting locally and posting only one place). Sometimes it appears more than once in one location; a third violation.

Feel free to flag it as prohibited every time you see it.
I sold a Partner stove to this guy on the Yahoo Rivertrader list many years ago. Total douche.

#1,120 ·
Laughing my ass off man!!!

I get all my buckets for free, go to your local City Market Bakery, cake frosting and donut filling comes in an assortment of buckets, they hate to throw them out, and will happily give you as many as they have. Perfectly good, and come with a lid.

#1,124 ·
I saw those a few weeks ago, my first thought was do they make a gamma type lid for it... no. Therefore useless. If so, it might be a nice upgrade for a river toilet from the standard buck (less likely to leak???) but as far as their illustrated uses like holding bait fish???? Really? I think YETI is a secret communist organization attempting to take over the US by mining money from stupid people.

#1,125 ·
I forgot the best part, the lid for it is 30$...

Other goodies for it range from 20$ to a 50$ tie down kit with yeti logos stamped into it.

How stupid would you feel if you had to complain that someone stole your bucket.

Who cares its just a bucket?
Yeah but I had $180 into that bucket setup.

I'm convinced Yeti is trolling everyone

#1,129 ·
If you thought the idea of paying $70 for a bucket and lid was hilarious, you should scroll down the page and read the customer reviews. Here are a few of my favorites and I only read as far as the first two pages:

Karen said:
"I bought this for my husband for his birthday, And it was like I handed him keys to a brand new car!!! Haha he loves it"

Christian said:
"got this christmas and it was definitely a highlight of my christmas"

Rodger said:
"Thrilled to see Yeti built another great essential product"

missjlstrom said:
"I liked them so much I have purchased 4!"

CoolScreens said:
"Why give a tin of popcorn, when you can treat them to a bucket of a lifetime?"

JonahD said:
"Great bucket. I bought this for my nephew for Christmas. Its great. He can put things in it , and take things out of it like a bucket. Because it is a bucket. Its a well built Yeti bucket and I hope it serves him well. He also got the lid. It holds things in the bucket, it also prevents other stuff from getting in the bucket when placed properly on top of the bucket."

Everyone listed above gave it a 5 out our 5 star rating. Seriously you guys? Its like getting a new car? Highlight of your otherwise shitty Christmas? It's essential? You needed 4 $70 buckets? Your calling this the "bucket of a lifetime"? And JonahD, great job squeezing the word bucket into your comments 7 times and telling me how a bucket works.

This was the only low (one star) rating I could find:

LogMan said:
"TERRIBLE. I recently bought this product and it was great. Then eventually the paint started to wear off and turned the bucket orange. I personally believe this is recycled bucket. Good on them for saving the environment but I'm a little disappointed."

#1,130 ·
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this as well. Do you know how many camp chairs I've seen break over the years! Most of the time I don't even pay for them. I buy a cheap chair knowing it will inevitably break. Then when it does I just tell my drunk friend on the morning of day 4 that he broke my chair last night, then he buys me a new one after the trip.

https://www.yeti.com/hondo-base-camp-chair/YHBCC.html

#1,132 ·
I am not really sure if $4,500 is a really bad price for this six-year-old kayak, but I don't want to see it coming at me!

Oh, yeah, and that guy in Englewood, Colorado is trying to sell his 40-year old Avon for eight grand in Bend and Eugene, Oregon on Craigslist again. But hey, it comes with some Carlisle paddles and a "poop deck." Probably posting in your neighborhood, too.