Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#1,079 ·
I think this is at least a 2013 or older cause they changed the logo in 2014. Looks like it comes with 3 $15 paddles, 2 inappropriate pfds and a DRE pump. What a terrible deal. The all caps ad makes me think maybe it's posted by a pawn shop or similar fool. The condition looks ok, no patches but pretty dirty. Their fabric does seem to stain easily.

#1,086 ·
Yeah, I didn't put the thwarts into consideration. Probably more like $3300 retail.

This would be an okay deal if you want to make an impulse buy on a low water boat at the last half of the boating season. Otherwise, I'd say a lot of the value in aire is the warranty. About three years left. Also it's not too hard to find Aires on a 20% sale at the beginning and end of season. With that, I would say this isn't that great of a deal.

#1,099 ·
I know Avon's keep their price and people love them. But seriously?!
Even generously valuing the rest of the gear OVER $5,000 FOR A 30 YEAR OLD BOAT!!!!

https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/for-sale-classic-avon-self/6253755063.html
The seller is now posting on the Eugene (Oregon) Craigslist (https://eugene.craigslist.org/spo/d/for-sale-classic-avon-self/6301496783.html). Not just over $5,000; the seller wants $8,000. Doesn't even have a trailer or any dryboxes! The ad still says must pick up in Englewood, Colorado. For that one reason, I flagged the ad. Under Craigslist's terms of use, non-local content is prohibited.

#1,098 ·
Jiggy this is not craigslist! so you must be trustworthy. So where are you going to be shipping this too after we are done. East Africa or something? and I will sell that bucket boat for $650. Oh wait its older so it must be one of the good Avons so $6500 should be fair. Still less than a new one so its a good deal.