Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#1,035 ·
The outfitter pro has been on CL for over a month. Now am I the only one who is confused? So is it a pro or an outfitter? Its kinda like having a nrs E series otter.

I wonder what the other side of the boat looks like? Screw it I'll throw my warped mind in. I'm picturing a flaming pink dildo going the length of the boat. This thread isn't about being a chicken shit right?

#1,051 ·
Bahaha this guy is on crack. more like worst boats ever complete garbage, doubt its under warranty. Bought same rig under proform stacked for like 6-7k I think. Floor had issues 1st year they wouldn't do shit for me. Think they were made in Korea at least mine was. Passed mine off 3 years ago for 3200 with trailer and I thought I was getting a deal 😅.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

#1,047 ·
I have never bought a new DRE fishing frame but how much could on cost? 2000 2500. That rubber probably cost 4000 to 5000. And that is a 1500 dollar trailer. At best. So there is nine grand if it was all New. There must be heavy inflation rate out in Denver, lol.

#1,048 ·
I'm a fan of Downriver since they are super friendly and its nice to have a place to get stuff in person if you live on the front range, but they are damn expensive.

Its really not hard to get over $10k in there if you are buying everything new through DRE. $6k boat, $2000 Frame plus all the oars, drop bags, coolers and other stuff that you gotta buy. Not saying its how I would go, but if you walked into that place with a credit card and asked for a full setup from them you'd have no problem getting there.

I've never heard awesome things about the DRE boats though. They make some great products and some just ok products (and a few bad ones) but the boats were never their strong point.

I agree...that ad definitely falls well into the this thread...maybe worth half that much. Almost every boat at their Boat Swap a few weeks ago was deserving of being in this thread too.

#1,052 ·
But thats a friggin awesome trailer. He just got back from mudding with the raft on the trailer. I would not wash it either, the dirt is a testament to the quality of the boat and trailer. Like he said it's the best boat ever(for 4 wheeling).

By the way if my wife asked me to sell my boat I'd give it a $12000 price tag because my homemade frame is one of a kind. And I don't want to sell my boat! I wonder if that might be the case. Who sells a muddy boat?

#1,056 ·
https://denver.craigslist.org/boa/6145976523.html

"14' Hyside Outfitter, Down River Frame, Galvanized Trailer, New Goodyear radial tires, Purchased June 2015" $$$$$ 11,750!!!!!!

Is this boat's frame made out of platinum? Or does it give blowjobs while you row? Either way I can't see a possibility that this thing cost over 12 grand new, much less a used raft. I'd put its worth at 6 grand. Good luck to this guy, that is the most absurd pricing Ive seen in a while

#1,058 ·
New Prices
Boat - 4500
Frame - 2000 plus addons like another stripping basket, umbrella, anchor system etc 2800 total
Oars - 350?
Soft goods like straps and captains bags and what not 650?
Trailer new - 1800?

Total new 10,100 based on my guess. So his claim that it was 11k new I don't dispute. I like DRE, but you'll spend a lot of money if you go in and buy all your stuff at once from them.

If its all 2 years old, maybe 70% of that? so 7K? The person selling it probably thinks its worth what they paid since it hasn't been used much and is only 2 years old.

#1,059 ·
https://boise.craigslist.org/spo/6102026479.html

For Sale: Classic Avon Self-Bailing Adventurer Package - $7995 (Englewood)

This is a very rare, 1989 Avon Self-Bailing Adventurer. This raft was manufactured by the original Avon factory before the sale of the inflatable division. Even more unique, this raft is in excellent condition. I am the original owner and this raft has been lovingly cared for, plus it has many extras. Don't let the manufacture date fool you - older Avon's have the deserved reputation of being constructed with strongest material with the best workmanship. This raft DOES NOT look its age. With proper care, this raft will outlive you.

This raft is equipped to be used either as a paddle boat or oar boat. The thwarts are not fixed but are attached via buckles for ease of removal or reattachment. Foot cups were glued on to the floor. Additional D-rings were added to make attaching a frame more secure.

There are two small patches (see photos) on the floor - that's it. The raft holds its air.

This package includes (photos http://www.runriverrun.com/Adventurer-For-Sale/index.htm):
14' Avon Self Bailing Adventurer
Paddle boat frame and Tuff River Stuff mesh drop bag
3-Bay double railed, diamond plated breakdown Expedition frame with oar towers, hatch cover, Tuff River Stuff mesh drop bag, and diamond plated floor (basic Frame was manufactured by Down River Equipment; I added diamond plating, hatch cover, and floor)
Lots of cam buckle straps
Plywood Poop deck
Three Classic 10 ft. South Branch solid ash oars and an additional spare (the spare was cracked and then repaired)
Thole pins and clips
7 Carlisle paddles
2 Maravia Life Jackets
4 Sterns Life Jackets
Spare Avon patching material

Price (cash) for the entire package is $7995. I can accept PayPal or a credit card, but 3% is added to cover the credit card fee. You must pick up in Englewood, Colorado.

Important - this sale is for the entire package only. If you ask if you can only buy this or that; the answer will be no.

If interested, reply to this post with your email address and phone number and I'll get back in touch with you.