Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#960 ·
That set up looks almost identical to mine.:p Although I have a different frame and no side boxes. I had to go check my garage after I saw this ad on CL.

Although it will never be in the Great Deals thread, I don't think it's a worst deals candidate. The raft is 5 years older than mine and that is the deciding factor. (I did have an offer on mine last year for a price not too far south of what he's asking)

#962 ·
Not that I profess to be an expert on pricing (far from it). But this does not look like that bad of a deal to me. Yes, perhaps not the greatest steal of all time. But given all the extras (dry boxes, frames, oars, PFD's) this is not a worst deals candidate in my mind.

#974 · (Edited)
But they're MilSpec! And manufactured in 1969. And appear to be different lengths. Maybe the frame is what really makes it a worthwhile deal? If the rubber (neoprene?) has been well cared for, maybe there ARE countless more trips left in them - because they're MilSpec.

#976 · (Edited)
OK, I'll eat my snarkiness. With oars included, maybe we move the post into the "Great Deals" thread? Oars, a frame, and pair of tubes that actually DO have countless trips left in them?

#978 ·
Wow, that's interesting! The different length of tubes (diameter too?) is a bit strange. I wonder how that affects tracking. I wonder what length and weight the tubes are? It's already got me thinking about creating a raft out of massive inner tubes. Oh wait, someone in Russia already did that....

It somewhat reminds me of the ICON Derelict projects, like this one:

Attachments

#981 ·
I have seen the moab company's use those things to unload fully rigged 18' gear boats, when the ramp is to messed up to back down all the way. The bus driver holds the tube in place with the end of his toe, then they push the dam thing off the trailer, it hits the roller tube, and hauls ass into the river. Pretty exciting to watch.

#998 ·
It is a ferrari trib, THE last ones they had, picked up from the factory.

And while it is true you can get an HD at a discount right now you can't get a boat outfitted like this even close to the price.

Aire charges $35 to put on a D-ring and $35 to put on a handle. You are looking at $500. And another 300 in materials.

Am I too expensive? maybe. But she is a beautiful flower and I love her.