Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#866 ·
Almost has a stolen sound to the ad, say's he's selling to pay for a sick dog, but then he'll trade for other stuff. But you can also see the owner doesn't know much about boating, dragging your tubes over a LOG on the back of the trailer?
Strange ad.

#875 ·
Depending on the raft, that may not be a bad deal, but it is a shitty presentation of a lot of old cheap gear to be called class V. Might as well toss the PFDs and buy some better paddles while you're at it. I doubt it's a 19 foot Sprite by the size of that rolled up rubber in the pic.

#877 ·
Its A wing thou, there very nice boats, surfing machines with that hinge floor and very stable. I would love to own a wing, unfortunately whenever you can find them used there still pricey, and you can only custom order them now a days. I agree that 4500 is a little steep but that boat easily has another 20 years in it

#878 ·
WING Inflatables are great boats, but I would never pay $4,500 ($5K – his asking price last year) for an older “discoloration” boat with Halkey-Roberts Valves that are likely the discontinued and near impossible to replace long valves. Especially, when I can purchase a brand new AIRE with a 10-year no-fault warranty for about the same price.

#881 ·
#891 ·
$9,795 + Tax. That is if you get the largest of everything.

$6,350 for the raft
$1,260 for the frame
Around $415 for the floor
$500 for the Table
$510 for the Dry Box
$380 apiece for the captains boxes

Not to mention the floor, boxes and table are not part of the basic frame setup. Those are all extras.

#893 ·
I would love to see that receipt, I wanna know how to make that much money with primitive equipment tightening fittings,damn. Those 1500.00 frames would take us 3 hours to build from scratch, That's it I am heading to Colorado to catch me some bearded hipster boaters!

#895 ·
BTW Cpt. Pyke, I feel for you. I really do. That is a beautiful rig and either you were hoping to make a lot of money on this deal or someone else did make a lot of money on you, but instead of being mad at us you may want to consider what it is that we are saying. ElkHaven has 1,400 posts and if you'll follow some of them you'll find out that he and many others here know what they are talking about. Especially if you need to sell that rig in a timely manner.

#898 ·
I am not going to comment on whether it is a good deal or not but I think you guys are overlooking that the trailer is included in the deal...just sayin...
For my part, I'm not arguing the deal on the raft as it sits now (though I surely wouldn't be interested at that price). I just have a hard time believing someone payed 12K for rubber and that frame, including all the tables and boxes; as stated in the linked add. It seems overly exaggerated to me.

And I'm not going to cry myself to sleep tonight over being called an idiot. It's no skin off my back.