Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#831 ·
That thing is hammered. I wonder if that is not over use of spray on bug spray and or sunscreen. I have buddy that did that to an aire 143d in about 7 years - bug spray, spray on sun block and the boat lived outside.

#844 ·
Guess sarcasm ain't your bag. The boat from a distance might look ok but its hokey as fuck.About the only thing it has going for it are the oars.
First the generic bimini cost about 200. It isn't wide enough for the frame so the space that you could lash gear down to is now wasted by the bimini.Plus its bolted to the deck so every time your try yo get into the drop bag under it you'll have to fiddle fuck with the bimini and get it out of the way.
That big nice white deck on the back is just a walmart table that cost 50. Good luck standing on it or even worse strap dry bags to it and watch every thing get ripped off in a flip.
The frame is just a hodge podge of NRS parts and a AAA seat and towers. frame would cost about 1100 new, 200 for the seat and around 300 for the diamond plate foor. Lets be nice and say 200 worth of straps and sewn gear.
500 for the oars notice it doesn't have a spare. 100 for the cheese ball walmart cooler.
The tubes are Maxxons and sell for around 1200 new. Maxxon tubes make other chinese boats look like Maravias and SOTARs.
The trailer even if it is all aluminum is under built you can see its starting to bow from the weight of the boat. Not worth more then 1000.
Lets add it up shall we, by my math I get 4750$. I guess that sweet lawn chair front seat and water jugs cost 2250$.
For that price you can buy a nice used Sotar, Maravia NRS cat with a custom frame with dryboxes and a high end cooler.

#853 ·
I definitely saw it....as you can see from the comment section. Almost posted it here, but figured I pissed the guy off enough.

edit: The guy deleted the orginal thread and posted another one to get rid of my comment. Essentially, I was pretty nice about it but said he was asking WAY to much for them and he took offence to that. Here is the new post... http://www.mountainbuzz.com/swap/showproduct.php?product=32672&title=prijon-tornado&cat=16

He's got some other gems up too, like a Dagger RPM for $550 and a Necky Vibe for $700.

#852 ·
i thought i was the only one in the universe who got stuck with an Alien! i always thought an alien who lived on the moon, (no rivers), is the one who designed that Alien? tbp admin

the posted tornado link/pic looks a lot like my cyclones (below)

the only thing i can admit in my life worse than my Alien was my Samurai LOL! anyone else want to confess?

#854 ·
People race the Tornado and it is getting harder to find them. Perhaps the greedy seller is trying to capitalize on this.

I was given $150 for gas to bring a Tornado from CO to WV this year. Since I drive a Jetta I made money. The guy paid several hundred, plus the gas money because he couldn't find one anywhere.

#857 ·
Yeah, the guy with the Old 11.5 Puma for $3k has had it for sale for over a year now, on CraigsList, On NRS Swap (before it closed), and Here on the Buzz. You never know, If he waits long enough we may have HYPER INFLATION to the point that dollar is worth 1/10th of its current value. At that point I'd be willing to give him the $3k.