Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#708 ·
this is too funny. anybody that tells you that boat will sell for 2 or 3 grand has been smoking somethin almost as good as what that guy had in his pipe before he told you it was a 9500$ raft. hell theres no brand new 12 ft raft that goes for 9500$ unless its made out of kevlar for the army. avons are great boats & shes in great shape and all but people that want to float on rivers can get a lot newer boat for 1500 or 2 grand. youre still really testing avons resale value at 2 or 3 grand. maybe you can get 1500$. but you better be real choosy about your buyers to find some body that really loves avons and has lotsa dough to blow that will drop 2 gs on a 20+ year old boat.

that rep musta got all his stuff at cost and wanted a collecters item. and had nothin but leftovers in his cooler

hope i dont embarras you but what did you pay for it and how long ago?

good luck

#710 ·
;)I've got a yellow York Pac, which as you all know are not made anymore.

The material came from a batch that was made by dwarf Tibetan monks who blessed the plastic concoction as they were pouring it into the mold. It is truly a magical York Pac!

Because of its' rare nature, the magical materials, and the fact that its old, I'll sell it to a lucky person for just $2000.;)

#712 ·
Will you take Paypal? I should jump on this deal before it quadruples in price again. With it, the 1992 Avon, a 1984 NRS frame and the pair of oars on my grandfather's old john boat I am gonna be able trade this rig in another 10 years for my spot on the first commercial space flight. Screw dropping money on powerball.

Phillip

#715 ·
No shit, Shap. I think the strategy here was to start off with something so totally absurd that the greatly reduced price of $3,000 starts to sound kind of reasonable.

And as for your price listing above, remember there's always someone willing to sell you something for more.

-AH

#721 ·
Well, to put your minds at ease, I just closed the deal with him for $7800. We was pretty firm at $8k, but with some very smooth negotiating on my part, I was able to get him down $200.

Look for a new ad: 2012 Aire 15.6R with DRE diamond plate double rail frame, drybox, engel cooler and all the gear for $17,685.

\sarcasm

#733 ·
This one is kind of funny,

Why would a professional river runner add more than $400? worth of D-rings to an Aire lynx when they already have all the tie down loops to strap to on the inside? No need at all for the extra expense. No need for extra heavy fabric either as the lynx is already super duper tough. Never drags a boat either, that must be tough to always be picking up the boat, especially when loaded? Does anyone that owns an aire boat seriously unzip the tubes after each use to dry the inside?

Inflatable Kayak - AIRE - Lynx I

#735 ·
Not only that, but with such a high end boat and price you do NOT get the deluxe seet, instead you get the wonderful opportunity to choose between the basic cheap seat or a slightly better than basic - but be warned, the DELUXE seat is NOT included. Maybe he'll drop the price if one opts out of the seat all together!

Disclaimer: I am a careless and terrible non-professional AIRE inflatable owner. In many years of AIRE ownership and usage I have only ever unzipped sections to make repairs or clean out valves. I will try to do better by unzipping after each usage to clean, wash, and disinfect, I will 303 it all inside and out, and only inflate with helium.

#736 ·
Disclaimer: I am a careless and terrible non-professional AIRE inflatable owner. In many years of AIRE ownership and usage I have only ever unzipped sections to make repairs or clean out valves. I will try to do better by unzipping after each usage to clean, wash, and disinfect, I will 303 it all inside and out, and only inflate with helium.
Us too, warning, serious abuse to follow:

dragging boats!

As a couch, ouch!

Who knows what happens in the middle of the night if you have to take a pee and side-cock it!

#738 ·
sum kind of speciul

sum speciul heavery duty rubber. Someone should jump on this before I do.

FISHING RAFT OR JUST RAFT WITH ORRS - $250
FISHING RAFT OR JUST RAFT WITH ORRS

Because "ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PUT THE LIGHT WEIGHT ALUMINUM FRAME INSIDE THE RAFT,,,STRAP IT DOWN AND HOOK UP YOUR SMALL MOTOR OR TROLLING MOTOR AND HAVE A NICE DAY ON THE RIVER"

Wish I could see the ORRS. Probably a pair of cataracts...

#740 ·
sum speciul heavery duty rubber. Someone should jump on this before I do.

FISHING RAFT OR JUST RAFT WITH ORRS - $250
FISHING RAFT OR JUST RAFT WITH ORRS

Because "ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PUT THE LIGHT WEIGHT ALUMINUM FRAME INSIDE THE RAFT,,,STRAP IT DOWN AND HOOK UP YOUR SMALL MOTOR OR TROLLING MOTOR AND HAVE A NICE DAY ON THE RIVER"

Wish I could see the ORRS. Probably a pair of cataracts...
Almost seems like that frame is a good deal for a c-note. Offer him 50, he seems more proud of the boat.

#744 ·
Looks like a pretty sweet deal to me - what he listed as the model number is actually the serial number so you could call maravia and verify the age, etc. but I think it's an '07. I'd check into the cracks he mentioned - inflate and spray windex everywhere you might be concerned. and make sure it holds air when fully inflated. Check the baffles by inflating each chamber independently.

That's about half price of new... and it sure doesn't look like it's been in the sun much.

#746 ·
I my self wouldn't worry too much about the patches, they're easy to replace if you find they leak... I'd look into the cracks though, even though I imagine they're from folding the boat for long periods and are just in the urethane coating, not all the way through the PVC.

If I were looking I'd be excited about that boat, it's not an epic deal but far from bad if it is indeed in good condition...