Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#564 ·
Great overpriced pool toy, Prijon Hurricane Whitewater Kayak Gold Medal Design Boat Canoe Red Germany HTP | eBay

Take The River By Storm!

The incredibly successful Hurricane is based on the 1992 Olympic Whitewater Slalom Gold Medal design. With shortened length, increased rocker and optimized volume the Hurricane set the original standard for whitewater rodeo and play boats. Today, the Hurricane remains a wonderful play boat with advanced river running capabilities. Available in Standard, Rodeo, and C-1 outfitting.

Stats
Length 10'2" (310 cm), Width 25.5" (65 cm), Weight 37 lb. (17 kg), Volume 60 gal (220 l), Cockpit 32" x 18") (81 cm x 45 cm), Paddler Weight 90-175 lb.

No Skirt or cover ...no holes, rips, marks, etc.

Los Angeles Area CaliF

#569 ·
I know it's a little off topic but.... someone else's shitter? If it's been shat in enough times does it gain value? What if I want to sit on a poop-green porcelain seat as opposed to a wood one? Doesn't wood retain bacteria? :p

*Reduced* Retro Toilet

I'm sorry... it truly is the simple things in life.
Wow - must be really dark green since it doesn't even show up in the pictures :)

#578 ·
Just have to do it...

I have to admit, I have seen a Canyon setup and it is some dead sexy work. I'd love to have one of their frame setups on my Sotar. There are up sides and down sides to every setup, so they aren't for everyone. But, the workmanship and beauty of the frame and boxes are the nicest I have seen.
I know some of the people on this site like to be able to move bars around and break down their frame, you can't do that with a fully welded frame like Canyon's.

#590 ·
I'm not going to poke fun at someone's deal, but was just thinking the other day about how differently people approach selling a raft from how they approach selling a car. When someone sells a car, they'll downplay the fact that they beat the hell out of it; hence the old cliche about the car was "owned by a little old lady that only drove it on Sundays, on the highway."

When someone sells a raft, it seems common to hear them brag about how many times that raft's been down the Grand, the Middle Fork at high water, has tons of San Juan, Deso, low water Lodore trips, and so on.

Just sayin'

-AH