Worst deals out there. - Page 16 - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-22-2011   #151

Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamkal View Post
Nice river raft!!! 13ft with frame and oars

old momentum raft for only $3500!!
What do you mean? It is a classic, standard floor and everything. You don't find those for sale everyday!

TriBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012   #152

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I think this one says more for the quality of the weed up in WA than the quality of the boats.

New 14ft drift raft Coho Catchercraft
Whoapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #153

Up North, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1985
the new prices seem "high"
Prices & Specifications
shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #154

Ellensburg, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoapiglet View Post
I think this one says more for the quality of the weed up in WA than the quality of the boats.

I occasionally stop by to see what's going on here. This is my first post but since it pertains to my business, I felt the need to respond.

I know exactly what the gentleman paid for that raft since we sold it to him...I cannot comment on the trailer although it must be pretty nice by looking at the posted price of both. The frame was originally designed to be put in the back of a truck. We told him that he would want to get a trailer eventually and it looks like he did.

He did get a lot of upgrades and accessories on that raft; however, the final price was about the same as other comparable rafts on the market. I feel the frame is much better than most available while the raft itself is less so. The way that frame is designed will fish better than almost anything available commercially and it was custom built per the buyer's specifications.

I can see where the whitewater enthusiast would think that particular raft is" one of the worst deals" out there but 1) that is not our (Catchercraft's) ad and 2) there is a bit more to it than shown but that's okay.

I think the weed comment is a bit much but that's okay too.
The Catcherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappattack View Post
the new prices seem "high"
Prices & Specifications
Shapp,

Care to expand? High compared to what? The prices are on the lower end of both the pontoons and rafts, in most cases the lowest price in its respective category.

For pontoon quality, I think what we use is either the same or comparable to the others on the list. For rafts, Maxxon is inferior to many of the higher quality rafts but a handful of fishing guides sure like the frames; again, which I think are better for fishing that what is out there.

We have had this discussion before and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
Old 01-14-2012   #156

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
sorry if I came across as disparaging your product or commenting on your social activities, I was merely pointing out that dude seems a little proud of his rig. Hell, at least you aren't claiming that the boat is class 5 rated...
Whoapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #157

Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
The Catcherman: What constitutes as a "worst deals out there" is a private party selling for at or close to retail value. I don't think anyone on this site questions the value of a new rig like this or your craftsmanship. If I buy used or new from a private party I expect to get a discount on the retail price. Otherwise you are just paying retail and not getting all the sweet benefits and security that go along with the deal.
TriBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #158
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoapiglet

I occasionally stop by to see what's going on here. This is my first post but since it pertains to my business, I felt the need to respond.

I know exactly what the gentleman paid for that raft since we sold it to him...I cannot comment on the trailer although it must be pretty nice by looking at the posted price of both. The frame was originally designed to be put in the back of a truck. We told him that he would want to get a trailer eventually and it looks like he did.

He did get a lot of upgrades and accessories on that raft; however, the final price was about the same as other comparable rafts on the market. I feel the frame is much better than most available while the raft itself is less so. The way that frame is designed will fish better than almost anything available commercially and it was custom built per the buyer's specifications.

I can see where the whitewater enthusiast would think that particular raft is" one of the worst deals" out there but 1) that is not our (Catchercraft's) ad and 2) there is a bit more to it than shown but that's okay.

I think the weed comment is a bit much but that's okay too.

crap is crap but hey, someone needs to sell it. I guess its better than a Dave Scadden raft, maybe
Old 01-15-2012   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoapiglet View Post
sorry if I came across as disparaging your product or commenting on your social activities, I was merely pointing out that dude seems a little proud of his rig. Hell, at least you aren't claiming that the boat is class 5 rated...
No worries...I mainly wanted to ensure that everybody knew this was a private sale. And no we won't make outrageous claims about Class 5 rapids and you are right...it did seem a little high.
Old 01-15-2012   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBri1 View Post
The Catcherman: What constitutes as a "worst deals out there" is a private party selling for at or close to retail value. I don't think anyone on this site questions the value of a new rig like this or your craftsmanship. If I buy used or new from a private party I expect to get a discount on the retail price. Otherwise you are just paying retail and not getting all the sweet benefits and security that go along with the deal.
Yep, I totally agree with you. Just like driving a new car off the lot...no way you are going to sell it for the same price the same day.