Worst deals out there. - Page 14 - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-07-2011   #131

Right near the beach...BOYEEEEE, Brahbrobrahdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
But is it brand new, or is it 8 years old? 10-15% off retail is typical package discount off a brand new boat. Would otter be your first choice?
I'm just assuming it's brand new cause it looks brand f'n new. And, I was just making the point that it's really not as bad a deal as people think. Is the Otter my first choice...hell no. Nothing against them...just not what I would spend MY money on.

As for the mini cat-fish thingy...Joe is liquidating everything. So, what your seeing in that ad is probably close to half price. There is no anchor system which runs close to $700 on it's own...no trailer, no oars...etc...etc...

Jus' sayin'

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2011   #132

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Too bad its not an auction we could let the market settle the question.

Good thing I dont fish sounds like I'd need to throw down a few Grants in order to have an adequate boat
Old 10-08-2011   #133

Snowmass Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
rare walk behind uni-cycle

You too could buy for 1000 an ultra rare walk behind unicycle!

It's a great buy!
ItsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #134

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
In all fairness, everything on the boat's top of the line and its a deluxe fishing rig with an aluminum sled trailer to carry it all. Looks like its only been on the river about 3 times. Yeah, $6K's a lot when you just glance at the ad, but that's probably still a fair bit less than all the stuff would be new (which it looks like was very recently). The frame itself lists for about $1,500, the oars another $1K, the boat for about another $3K plus the upgraded bottom, PFDs, pump, some more extras and trailer. Its not a steal but its not ridiculously overpriced for someone in the market who would go into DRE and throw down the $$.

-AH
Fair price, or not- that thing ain't sellin' for that price this time of year in this economy. Whoever has that kinda cash to buy a pricey rig is buying it new.
mulex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #135

Rifle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post

It's a great buy!

Hahahaha, i WAS gonna use the $1000 I've saved for a new kayak BUT i think i just changed my mind! Looks like I've got a new shuttle boys and girls!
fids11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #136

Snowmass Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fids11 View Post
Hahahaha, i WAS gonna use the $1000 I've saved for a new kayak BUT i think i just changed my mind! Looks like I've got a new shuttle boys and girls!

do you think you can get a trailer for it to put a kayak on. it would make for a good shoshone shuttle!
ItsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #137

Meridian, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
Quote:
In all fairness, everything on the boat's top of the line and its a deluxe fishing rig with an aluminum sled trailer to carry it all.
Lets face it, it's not a matter of top of the line, it's a matter of a hell of a lot of accessories. I don't consider my Cataracts any lower quality than the Sawyers and I have oared both. It's a matter of preference on most of that gear. MOST (not all) rafting gear is of very good quality and purchases are most likely made on brand preference. The telltale thing in this deal is ONLY the trailer. EVERYTHING else is USED regardless.

Quote:
Looks like its only been on the river about 3 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywp View Post
And why does the boat look so friggin shiny?? Is it urethaned ??
No, Its been clearcoated. It's all a sales and photo illusion. The boat was drenched with water to make it look new. See the wet gravel around (and only around) the trailer. See it beginning to sheet off and dry in the following pictures. That's why it looks like Its been coated with clear and why it looks like Its only been used 3 times.

Its a 2003 and USED...The person threw the trailer, and a nice one at that, in to see if the high price could stick.
brasscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #138

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
a black raft... i guess if you forget your stove, you could still boil water or fry up some eggs on the tubes.

upshitscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #139

Palisade, Colorado
Here's another good one...only $6000

Kayaks for sale

Kayaks for sale - $6000 (St George)
2 Quest Kayaks by Seaward, 19' expedition equiped in excellent condition.
Includes car caddy golf trailer with extended tongue, spare tire and mounted Yakima Kayak racks.
Also includes: rudders, hatch covers, mounted compass on bough, full rescue equipment,
inflatable seat pads, padded backrest, two life jackets, 3 sets if Nimbus paddles and one set of
Werner paddles,

A beautifully designed touring Kayak, excellent construction, real joy to paddle, combines speed, comfort and stability.
Lots of storage space

Kayaks come with a lifetime transferable warranty.
JK_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #140

Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post

It's a great buy!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the funniest thing I have seen this year!!! I had to save the photo before its pulled. Looks like its complete with a hand brake. That is too funny!

"my research found it's a rare walk behind uni-cycle for those not ready to ride one but wanting to partake in the joys. not many of them left and this one is all original. $1000 or trade for a months stay in a shack w/a wood stove."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	walk-behind_unicycle.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	4062  
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote