Mountain Buzz banner

Worst deals out there.

472K views 1K replies 346 participants last post by  Quiggle 
#1 ·
I know that this isn't about Saturn specifically but I am hoping to get some replies anyhow. Go use your googles to find the worst raft/kayak deal out there. Everyone agrees that there are rare good deals on rubber and plastic but there are several truly terrible deals out ther at any time. and if your classified comes up here I hope you claim it and repent.

Also if you just want to link to the saturn site that is cool but I am expecting some originality.

Complete 13' Whitewater Raft Package
only 90% of retail!

NRS Drysuit- NEW 2011
This drysuit is $555 NEW

RIOT DOMINATRIX kayak
because whips and chains are worth At least $300 and the plastic is worth $50

#362 ·
It did get some awesome Poudre once so that has to be taken into account as well; plus, its 6 years old. How long do glued PVC boats last these days? IDK 6 years?? 20 years.... ? somewhere in between.

New 13' van = $3000
New PFDs = $100 each
New rope $30

I think you could buy everything new during a fall sale for $2400 but then you would need to wait 3 whole months...

#376 ·
#379 ·
Fantastic deal brought to us by Craigslist:

Jackson Maga Rocker Kayak and Kayak Car Rack

Only $500 for a cracked Mega Rocker. If I look hard enough I could probably find one in almost new condition for that price!
This is the thread that will not die! Somehow its the only one I'm subscribed to on here too :).
"There is a small crack on bottom that has been sealed by roofing tape by a certified Kayak shop".

Were to start? Hahahaha!! This one appears to be a Maga Rocker, not a Mega Rocker, so it must be one of a kind.
Was that "certified", or "certifiable"?

Once a boat has one crack, it never gets another one... Oops, I mean, always.

#380 ·

Attachments

#381 ·
#393 ·
Whitewater Kayak for sale complete package

Whitewater Kayak for sale complete package - $1100 (Denver, CO)

I am selling a complete white water kayaking package. Kayak is a Wave Sport Big EZ with WildWasser skirt, Includes 197 cm Voyageur paddle, Think Safe Type 3 PFD, Large black whitewater kayaking helmet with nose plugs, Voyageur Rodeo splits for kayak flotation, and 75' rescue throw bag.

#400 ·
How about a snakeskin SUP for $10,000?
Limited-Edition Stand-Up Paddleboard, Kai 'Ewalu - anthropologie.com
Plus $250 shipping. But it does come with a 68" long paddle, with matching snakeskin grip. That is 5'8" long. I guess that would be a good paddle length for... lets see:
Quickblade Paddles :: SUP Paddle Sizing Charts
someone who is 5'0" tall.

Oh, here is a great deal, $14,300 for a 9 foot beginner board. Must be some new type of carbon fiber perhaps?
Nope; it says fiberglass.
http://stand-up-paddle-boards.findthebest.com/l/1239/Surftech-Fire-9-0