Woodland Power Stove instructions? - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-26-2016   #11
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_N_Run View Post
FYI - I've moved all to green acme nuts (200k BTU) for almost all my devices. That and I've pulled out the excess flow check-valve as well. Probably not to code but I've never had an issue.

I needed a replacement hose and regulator for my Power Stove and Down River put me in contact with "Jim" who was not set up to sell directly. Down River added a few to an order they placed and I was able to but it through them. It worked great for one trip but now won't let enough gas through for more than Bic lighter sized flame. I followed all the steps to reset the check-valve but nothing has worked. I didn't want to risk replacing it with the wrong regulator but I am curious about your green Acme nut replacements and also about pulling out the check-valve. Best case scenario is I can get this regulator to be usable again or, if not, to easily order a better replacement. Thanks!

Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2016   #12

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I needed a replacement hose and regulator for my Power Stove and Down River put me in contact with "Jim" who was not set up to sell directly. Down River added a few to an order they placed and I was able to but it through them. It worked great for one trip but now won't let enough gas through for more than Bic lighter sized flame. I followed all the steps to reset the check-valve but nothing has worked. I didn't want to risk replacing it with the wrong regulator but I am curious about your green Acme nut replacements and also about pulling out the check-valve. Best case scenario is I can get this regulator to be usable again or, if not, to easily order a better replacement. Thanks!
I replaced my hoses with a braided SS hose. Basically, I replaced everything from the fitting on back. I used quick-release gas connectors for the fitting and after about 10 trips it's worked great. Part of this process was replacing the regulator as well. Any regulator rated for the range (IIRC 0-10psi) would work.