Mountain Buzz banner

Where do you attach your winch?

7K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  whip 
#1 ·
Where do you attach the winch cable when loading your raft onto a trailer? I have used the front d ring and I am afraid this might eventually cause problems with said d ring. I'm looking for any other ideas for attaching the winch cable to load my raft onto the trailer.

#3 ·
Tow Strap Solution

I use a 20' yellow tow strap that had loops already sewn on each end. Put one loop over each oar lock and it forms a V underneath the bow of the boat. Had the center of the strap sewn so that a caribiner is centered at the v and I can load the boat by myself without backing the trailer into the water. The v lifts up the bow of the boat up as you winch it onto the roller and it can be easily loaded with just me. All of the pull weight is on the frame as opposed to one or two d-rings.

#10 ·
I run a 1" sling from front d ring inside raft through the gap between SB floor and up the front of raft. Lifts the front nicely onto trailer roller. Will at Ark Welding talked me into the 2500# winch from Murdochs. It's a beast hauled my 16' RiverCat out on about a 40 degree ramp fully loaded! Go see Will if you need trailer welding he's the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.