Old 06-11-2014   #11
Meridian, Idaho
Originally Posted by bucketboater View Post
Lol , poverty rafts. They both suck.
Haha, all rafts are poverty boats. A BWC Whitewater Customs Gatling Series, not Maravia or Sotar will more adequately demonstrate your superiority than a little urethane will.

Mopdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #12
Cave Creek, Arizona
Thanks guys. I would have to keep it loosely rolled, because I have no space to keep it partially inflated. But I can take care of it. If I can manage to get a raft it will most likely stay in my closet next to my IK. My dad has kept his IK rolled in the garage since he got it in the 90's and it is still in great shape.

InflatableSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #13
Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by Mopdog View Post
Haha, all rafts are poverty boats. A BWC Whitewater Customs Gatling Series, not Maravia or Sotar will more adequately demonstrate your superiority than a little urethane will.

For sure BWM = Bring Wads of Cash! But sweet jet boats.
Bound is boatless man
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #14
Western Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
I have had a 13 ft RMR for 4 years. It is trailered as I have a fishing frame on it. It is heavy which is good and bad. Good when I am going over rocks in low water or just due to my bad lines. Bad when it is just me and my kids trying to get it back on the trailer. Fixed that with submersible lights on the trailer. I row with my friends who have Hyside's, NRS's and given its weight I don't think that it is as nimble but they are also much better on the oars than I. If you are going to roll it and plan on moving it on your owen often, hope you have a good strong back. I remember moving on my own rolled when I first got it and it was a I echo what others have said in price point, it got me into a new raft with a 5 yrs warrenty for a price that I could afford. The front handle webbing broke when one of my friends yanked very hard when trying to get it trailered. RMR sent me 2 replacments no problem. All they asked for was a digital picture of the broken handle. I have only used it once as a paddle raft and that was with 5 kids and 2 Dads so cannot comment much on that aspect or the use of the thwarts. I was new to rafting and still very much a novice but I can say it has provided me and my family many fun days of being together so worth every $.
If you have specific questions about the raft feel free to PM me.
fourtyfloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #15
Salida, 81201
Paddling Since: 1995
RMR does have a great warranty department. They stand behind their product. They are heavier compared to a hypalon boat. You can't beat the PRICE for a super bomber tough all welded seam boat. Probably one of the best outfitted boats with 14 D rings, 6 handles and two thwarts. I would not get a glued seam PVC boat!
thinksnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #16
Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 2004
I have taken my 16' RMR on two Hells Canyon trips, two Deschutes trips, a couple days on the Thompson River in BC, and down the Grand Canyon. It is not the lightest or fastest boat out there, but it is a solid boat with a ton of room.

The weight of a boat is not big concern for me as I keep it trailered. The material still looks new after two years, so I maybe stuck with it for a while.

My only regret is that I may not be able to keep it on the trailer much longer. If I had seen that coming I would have gone with a rubber boat.

Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #17
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
I have had the 14' for 2 seasons now and am very very happy with it. I keep it trailered with a frame/decking/ext. Since I keep it trailered and loaded down (also garaged) weight isn't an issue. I find the company to be great to work with and it's important to know that every year they make some changes to improve their boats. Several of my friends that own very high end boats have said that they will buy a RMR next time they're in the market.

I can't think of a single issue I've had with the boat and the next boat I buy will certainly be another RMR. I can't justify spending twice as much on a raft to get me down the same rivers.
Treswright3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #18
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Bought my raft a little more than a year ago. May 20th 2013. It is a 14' SB 2013 model. The original tubes that were purchased were the floor model. The first time that I inflated the different chambers I heard air leaking from one chamber to the next. This ended up being a baffle that was never welded at the factory. I ran those tubes the first summer which included the Green River Gates of Lodore/Split Mountain, 6 Day runs on the Animas, and a two week trip to Glacier National Park that included a 6 day North Fork of the Flathead, Two days on the Middle Fork of the Flathead and one day on Main section of the Flathead below Flathead lake. Never had an issue with how the boat performed.
When I got back home after that trip I contacted RM and after minimal back and forth I got my boat inspected in Denver. RM warranted those tubes and gave me new ones. Zach at laced the original floor with new tubes. It worked out really well and since I was able to have friends move the boat from DGO to Denver and then back effortlessly I didn't have any issues. The warranty process was enjoyable and painless. (Which is nice to know when making a purchase of this size and importance). I dealt with a fellow by the name of Denny at RM... He and Zach were both highly professional. Class acts.
This year my boat has 10 Day runs on the Animas, a 6 day San Juan trip, 2 day trips on the Upper Dolores. I can say that the boat handles well on the water as both a paddle boat as well as being oared. These things are very tough. They also get rock hard. I really like to keep my tubes stiff. #Bonus
I have been very pleased with the value that the boat provides. The cons to the boat are that it is heavy (PVC) and that it doesn't roll well (PVC). I keep my inflated on a trailer. But have rolled it for the long trips... It takes at least two people to move it when inflated or rolled. But four is better. This is kinda a drag unless you the Hulk or all Spartan-ed out...
When I bought my boat it was peak season, one of my friends had a MFS permit, the water was up and I needed to get a boat. I couldn't find a good used boat package, which is what I as looking for. If I didn't have a trailer, and couldn't keep my boat inflated and stored in a garage, aka needed to keep it rolled up between trips. I would try to find an older used hypalon/rubber raft for less $ that a new RM. A few of my friends can fit their rafts in the back hatch of a Subaru with there frame on the roof rack. That is nice if you don't have a truck.
I really don't have any feedback on the tributaries.
Dossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #19
fat guy in a little boat
FtC / Rancho del Rio, Colorado
Paddling Since: 8AM
Originally Posted by InflatableSteve View Post
My truck only cost $3,000.
shit man my car cost me $350 but i still shelled out $1600 for a new hyside doubleduck.
get your priorities straight!!!

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
- Spicoli
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #20
Cave Creek, Arizona
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
shit man my car cost me $350 but i still shelled out $1600 for a new hyside doubleduck.
get your priorities straight!!!
lol, I know man. I am saving up some money, but I have a feeling that I will have to get a new engine for that truck of mine. No use in having a raft if you cant get to the river. And how did you pull off getting anything new from Hyside for $1600?

InflatableSteve is offline   Reply With Quote