Old 05-12-2016   #11
littleton, Colorado
Thanks for the heads up on that. I think if I start out with something super basic it shouldn't be too costly to customize the length a bit. Hoping I can work around a small suspended cooler as a front seat, but if not, that's OK, the softsided cooler can go on the floor.

I have some AIRE cheetah chairs I could use for backrests, so the frame could literally be a rectangle with oar towers and two boards on each end. Compared to trying to fish from a paddle-propelled IK, or a frameless single pontoon, a frame will make a big difference in terms of the leverage I can apply and thus the ability to set up on good fishing spots or move around to avoid other boats/ obstacles.

Mike N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016   #12
Monte Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
I have a 10.5' RMR Storm with a tricked out BWO frame from RBW for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

SLVCampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016   #13
littleton, Colorado
So here's what I ended up with:

Lime green rocky mountain storm with a home brew speed rail frame. Frame is 56x48. Installing 8 inch towers. I still need to put the dowels in the frame connections, but its getting there. I will weigh the frame, but it doesn't seem excessively heavy. All in, the frame with towers cost me 260 bucks.

I love it. There's enough space even with cooler up front that I won't be hitting the passengers with the oar handles, and its light and narrow enough that I can shuttle it without a trailer.

Super stoked to get it on the water this weekend.
Mike N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016   #14
That looks like it will be a fun boat! Glad you got it figured out before it was to late to enjoy it!

mkashzg is offline   Reply With Quote