Viking Propane Tank --- Please Read - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-29-2016   #1

Portland, Oregon
Viking Propane Tank --- Please Read

Just want all Buzzards to know about my experience with Viking cylinders. I own two of their 11#ers and one has been difficult to fill from beginning. Last river trip I hooked it up to Partner Stove and it sprayed propane everywhere from cylinder valve.

Upon returning from trip I emailed their customer service about the issue. Just a few days later they asked for my address so they could ship me a replacement. It just arrived today.

Even though I expect superior customer service when buying a premium product this was still a pleasant surprise. Just awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2016   #2

Hillsboro, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1996
I have the same issue with my 11 lb tank. I've had it for two years and it has always been a problem since the day I got it. It only goes on trips a couple times a year so I just dealt with it. However in May it stopped working during a river trip. I've been in contact with them off and on all summer since then. They have acknowledged an issue with the valve and have offered to replace it but so far no action.

Your post reminded me to follow up once again so thank you for that.

mts3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016   #3

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Duck View Post
Just want all Buzzards to know about my experience with Viking cylinders. I own two of their 11#ers and one has been difficult to fill from beginning. Last river trip I hooked it up to Partner Stove and it sprayed propane everywhere from cylinder valve.

Upon returning from trip I emailed their customer service about the issue. Just a few days later they asked for my address so they could ship me a replacement. It just arrived today.

Even though I expect superior customer service when buying a premium product this was still a pleasant surprise. Just awesome.

Thanks for the report. Nice to see a Posative one once and a while
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote