Old 03-08-2014   #1
Breckenridge, Colorado
Twisted Boat

I'm been watching the classifieds since last summer and want to get into a boat. I've looked at some used, and some new. I'd like to buy a demo or second (blem), and I've seen ads for twisted boats. These are new, but obviously slightly defective.

Can anyone provide an opinion whether these boats will track well or if it might be a better idea to avoid a twisted raft.

cdcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014   #2
Whitefish, Montana
Paddling Since: Tues
I've had slightly twisted SOTAR and Maravia rafts and twisted Maravia cat tubes...Annoying while on the trailer, but not noticeable IMHO on the water - May depend on the severity of the twist, but both boats and the cat were off by 1"-2" over 12'-15' and I couldn't tell while using. If you're really concerned, I'd look for a good condition used boat.

middletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014   #3
Lincoln City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1990
More of an aesthetic issue than performance depending on the severity. We used to paddle crew race a twisted 13'6" self-bailer. Looked terrible on the beach, put a load in her and she straightened up and sailed straight! IMHO
mrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off