Trailers? M&M? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-07-2016   #1

Commerce/the Junc, Colorado
Trailers? M&M?

Anyone dealt with Mike at M&M trailer in Missoula?

I spent just under $3k on a new trailer from him and I am a bit underwhelmed at this point. He stopped responding to my emails a month ago and I am basically stuck with a trailer that is 1/2 painted.

Wanted to see if any other M&M owners have trailers that are not painted on the bottom and don't have any finish on the decking.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

SigNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2016   #2

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Search for M&M on here, or just on Google, and you'll see a lot of the same. The guy, by all accounts, is a little unhinged and difficult to work with. His son also makes trailers about 60 miles away, and what I've seen so far they're a bit nicer than what M&M is putting out.
seantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016   #3

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
I dealt with him with a vehicle purchase it was a nightmare. The motor was replaced as part of the sale and the replacement was junk. It went on and on I finally traded back for my trade and lost about a grand in 'fees'.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016   #4

Yeah last time we talked on the phone he shouted a bunch of racial slurs and got quite heated.

Probably best if I just bite the bullet and pay to fix this abortion myself.

Old 07-07-2016   #5

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigNewt View Post
Yeah last time we talked on the phone he shouted a bunch of racial slurs and got quite heated.

Probably best if I just bite the bullet and pay to fix this abortion myself.

Probably, sorry!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016   #6

Nosebleed, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
I purchased a nice 10 x 7 raft trailer from Mike last month. After looking for three months, it was the best trailer I found for a very reasonable price. No problems with paint or stain. I've put 3000 miles on it since, and have no complaints. I would do business with Mike again.
funrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrivers View Post
I purchased a nice 10 x 7 raft trailer from Mike last month. After looking for three months, it was the best trailer I found for a very reasonable price. No problems with paint or stain. I've put 3000 miles on it since, and have no complaints. I would do business with Mike again.

Is your trailer painted underneath?

Mine has no paint on the bottom and he told me "no one paints the bottom of there trailers" I told him that was hog wash as I have owned JP, BigTex and Haulmark trailers all of which were painted throughout.

That's when he lost his mind.... Said that "people like me will never be satisfied" and "he hopes that I never buy a new car because they're made by chinks and no one stands behind them" I informed him that my significant other is Asian and I don't appreciate the racist remarks. We ended the call.

He emailed me twice in the next 6 hours apologizing... saying that his wife is Mexican and she was furious with him for talking with me that way, he said "I will do whatever I can to make it right with you" fast-forward one month later I have sent him a proposal from a body shop to paint the underside of my trailer and he has given me zero response.

I am going to bite the bullet and pay someone $500 to finish his shotty and incomplete work.

Old 07-07-2016   #8

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
He has a pretty poor reputation. Take a look at these posts.

M and M Trailers Missoula - Reviews?

M&M trailers in MT?

What I think is weird is that there are A LOT of folks that will build and sell you a trailer but M&M keeps coming up on the buzz.
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016   #9

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
If you are anywhere in that area give Leo a call at Montana Raft Frames near Alberton Mt. I saw some of his stuff recently and they looked top notch. Not sure what his website is but a google search will take you there.
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016   #10

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
If you are anywhere in that area give Leo a call at Montana Raft Frames near Alberton Mt. I saw some of his stuff recently and they looked top notch. Not sure what his website is but a google search will take you there.
Leo makes good stuff, I have a couple buddies with his work, top notch.

Trailers — Montana Raft Frames
seantana is offline   Reply With Quote