Old 07-07-2016   #11
Livingston, Montana
Paddling Since: 1974
Not hijacking, but we couldn't be more thrilled with our raft trailer built by the fine folks @ Mobile Welding in Livingston, MT 406.222.1565. Great folks, service and product.

Sunshine Sports in Billings also builds a great trailer, and was a very close second in our decision process, 406.252.3724.

I have seen some MM trailers come apart as well, many have been repaired @ Mobile Welding

mtgreenheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016   #12
18' Kodiak
None Ya Creek, The Last Best Place...
Paddling Since: 1996
Avoid both the Missoula and Stevensville M&M trailer shops like the plague.

evL_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016   #13
nunya, bizness
I originally replied to this thread because I thought it was about trailer shopping, then deleted because it looked like it was a question specific to M&M, and now it looks like it's back to trailer shopping. Anyways, Barney out of Rock Creek Montana not too far from Missoula is a great guy if you need any work done - very good attention to detail. He makes great custom built frames too - I have one. Thought this might help you out.

Here's a link - Trailers -
bob_dobalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016   #14
Castle Rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Shout out to True Value Trailers in Canon City. They sell PJ trailers which are a tiny bit more expensive, but they are absolutely bomber. They're not specifically "raft" trailers, but buy one with rails, add a couple of 2x8's to the side rails and you've got a deck above the fenders. Doubles easily for moving around ATV's (which was huge to me). They were great to work with, custom ordered me something and it showed up on time and as expected. There was even a mix up in size of ball required (website said 2", but it was really bigger). They just went to their shelves and gave me a new ball mount, at no cost.

And no, I don't work there or have any affiliation with them. Just throwing two cents in given how many Coloradans I see buying trailers in Idaho or Montana. Not that I don't love those states, but they're a long ass drive from Denver.
denali1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016   #15
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
For trailers I highly recommend Martin Enterprises. They are in Bailey Colorado and they build awesome trailers for really good prices.

Photo gallery
Treswright3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016   #16
Missoula, Montana
Mike is a know it all!
Talk to his kid at orangemt up in Arlee for a better deal

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

Wavewrangler is offline   Reply With Quote