Old 01-20-2014   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Trailer for Raft

I have a 14' RMR and am looking for a simple flat bed trailer.

Help suggestions etc. please respond.

chuteyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014   #2
Fort Collins, Colorado
I picked up a standard 4x8 utility trailer with 1ft walls. I had to build some cross bars and then flat rails for the raft to sit on but it was easy and works great. I have no roller or anything that helps get the raft onto the trailer but I have a 13ft with a light simple frame. It is easy enough but I bet if it was loaded with gear, coolers and dry boxes it would be tough. I would have loved to get a custom aluminum flat trailer but it was not in my budget.

T1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #3
bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1978
if you don't want to spend 1500 plus for a new one,watch craiglist in Colorado. it's easy to find something that you can modify easily. I got a camp trailer that had been gutted for free,made it into an awesome boat trailer. try to find something that has deck above tires or that deck can be raised easily. make sure you have submersible lights, light and wiring are about 40 bucks and very simple to install.
king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #4
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
I use a 9.5 X 6.5 ATV trailer. Cost $1300. Had small stake pockets added and removable metal mesh side panels made at a welding/fabrication shop. I can use it as a flat trailer with the boat inflated & rigged, or I can put the sides on and use it as a gear hauler. Total cost was about $1500.
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #5
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Hey King, Can you post a pic of your camp to boat trailer? I just stripped a camper off of a trailer and am looking for ideas, and trying to figure out if it is going to be worth it to build out.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #6
bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1978
i'm new to computers I'm just learning. I stripped the old trailer down to axle springs and main frame. the tires were slightly hire than deck so we posted up off old frame and built new deck. I had a lot of work into it but looks cool everything is black, when starts look rough I buy another can of paint looks new again. e mail me with number be glad to talk to you.

king is offline   Reply With Quote