Mountain Buzz banner

the saga continues

66K views 191 replies 57 participants last post by  Conundrum 
#1 ·
#3 ·
It's not like he's hard to spot. He's brutally obvious as he uses the same tactics that he thinks will sell his boats. Even when you think he's changed and improved his customer relations skills, he inevitably reverts to his belittle this guy and push this guy. I knew who he was. I've given him several ideas on how to sell me and others a boat and even with the cheat sheet he seems to think he knows "people" better. He's kind of like the Donald Trump of boats maybe?

#7 ·
I have an honest question for James so I can get this all straight.

Is this correct:
Canyon Whitewater Inflatables is no longer in biz
Canyon sold equipment/designs to PacifiC River Outfitters and is not affiliated with Canyon other than that.
James is listed as associated with both Canyon and PacifiC River Outfitters according to State registrations.
How is RiverTech related to either Canyon or Pacific River Outfitters if at all, or the principals of either company?

I am not accusing anyone of anything and was not a part of the WFF discussion in anyway and am not going to post anymore on this thread.
Thanks

#8 ·
Excellent question Shapp, Is it alright if I send you the answer to all that in a PM. I am trying not to promote anything on the buzz as per request and respecting the paying sponsors. Feel free to post my answer publicly if you want I just don't want it to look like self promotion by mentioning what I am doing,I do like particpating in technical discussions here sometimes.

#9 ·
As the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire.

I don't think there is any denying the beauty and apparent functionality of Canyon Whitewater, Pacific River Outfitter, Rivertech Fishing work and gear. But wow! 3 different forums and all 3 with very similar threads on the questionable business practices of Canyon and straw man postings.

I don't get it. I have not seen any complaints about your products in any of these forums. If I were in the market I would be tempted if it weren't for the consistent thread I see in the different forums. Instead of changing your business practices you seem to bash those that aired complaints, closed shop and started anew.

Good Luck with PRO & Rivertech. Your frames are beautiful man, let your work speak for itself.

#116 ·
I don't get it. I have not seen any complaints about your products in any of these forums. If I were in the market I would be tempted if it weren't for the consistent thread I see in the different forums. Instead of changing your business practices you seem to bash those that aired complaints, closed shop and started anew.

Good Luck with PRO & Rivertech. Your frames are beautiful man, let your work speak for itself.
People have to own the products to have complaints about them. The work can only speak for itself if there are people who own the frames, use them, and can report back on their performance, durability, and quality.

#23 ·
is greenwall the same shyster that took money for boats and never delivered? i remember someone posting just before canyon went under that they had paid for a boat and custom setup but never got anything besides a shit frame on a demo raft?....or something of the sort..

in such a small community, you would think that being a douch bag shyster, would be a bad business model...

#26 ·
"Buyers beware!!! Bought a frame with dry boxes, cooler 2 years ago from Canyon Inflatables in 2014 at Clack festival. Still waiting delivery or my$3600 back!! Anyway looks like they changed name to Pacific River Outfitters at same location with same family running it. I heard many people got scammed like me. They sell good items. But you could ask them if they delivered Mick's frame yet if you do think of buying anything from them!!! You won't get a straight answer from James Haworth though!! So just be aware not all rafters tell the truth!!!"

This was just one post on Oregon Whitewater Association's Facebook page. There are others as well. I would link it, but it is a closed group.

#27 ·
Seems like he was banned for stepping on his dick one to many times.
PRO , Entinty and Rivertech are all one in the same. Whats really sad is when you check Rivertechs blog he talks about a guide outfit called MRO buying three boats. But when you do a search you can't find a outfitter called MRO using the logo he used on Rivertechs blog. Hes basically invinting customers to make himself look better.
I dont miss the guy nor blame the buzz for banning him. The problem I have is the buzz has swept the Canyon greenwall stuff under the carpet. Don't get me wrong you can still find plunty of stuff to show that James Is a con. But they have deleted posts and entire threads calling out this guy. And when he almost had enough rope to hang him self they would delete what he said.
The rafting world is pretty small and I believe that these threads and posts shouldnt be deleted , edited or locked just so other people don't get burned. By trying to wash there hands of it I feel the buzz takes some blame in people getting hosed by this douche.

#34 ·
Ole' J_____s, PRO, another one bit

I too have been bit by this guy, I know MB want's only those posting to talk about rivers and accesses and whatever. But to make it to the river you need a raft. I gave Pacific River Outfitters a substantial down payment for promise of Delivery this month (June). Not to be. I ordered an MH-13 package way back in October for an April delivery. J______s, had all the excuses in the world why he couldn't do it, said there were "vendor problems" among his "busy schedule" as well. I finally cancelled my order through Pacific River Outfitters.... S______y (I suspect wife or GF) said that they are processing paperwork and would get back to me........ (crickets)...... now when I call, no answer, no replies to e-mails, no nothing. Filed a complaint through the BBB and am looking at other legal recourse's. I paid PRO while in Afghanistan and now, no answers, so they could give a crap about veterans. Am considering legal action against JH and if anyone knows of anyone else screwed by this entity, I'm sure we combine our losses and get with an attorney to help set him straight (I know what the dude looks like). I will say, do not buy anything from Rivertech/Pacific River Outfitters, you will never get it. Changed business names numerous times over the years, due to people like us calling him out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.