the saga continues - Page 8 - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-27-2016   #71

Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Paddling Since: 2013
Gila I'm sure it was all your fault!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2016   #72

Coquitlam, BC, Canada
https://pnwrafters.forumbee.com/t/k9...-manufacturers
Old 12-27-2016   #73

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
^ ^ ^^
Yeah......Whatever. As we all know, customers are so ignorant, impatient and demanding. They are truly a giant PITA. Next he'll be saying to quit your whining, because you can always bequeath your frame order to your grandkids.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016   #74

Somewhere in, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeyCatr View Post

Funny. He left out the part where he takes people's money and then drops off the face of the earth. Weird...
Soup76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016   #75

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Wow....must be some super advanced machinery he is working with there.

I call complete BS that he has ever made 10 of a frame, and his figure of 400 frames a year is complete BS too. Maybe NRS does that many, but I doubt DRE or other frame builders do anywhere close to that a year. I value DRE and think they are a great, if a bit on the expensive side, company but their frame building shop is right next door to the main retail shop (at their old location...haven't checked out the new one that opened this week) and there is no way they are pumping out a frame a day there. They probably could, but I just don't think the demand is there.

I think James needs to post a picture of 10 frames together on his public facebook page. I know you are reading this James....prove it.
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016   #76

Willimina, Willimina, OR
Paddling Since: 68
Shameless Self PromotionÖJames
I first heard the term from a gentleman many years ago. The buzz is a perfect place for it.After all you really didnít expect the truth from a forum like thisÖ.did you?Welders by nature are the cockiest folks on the planet.It originates from the knowledge that they conjure from scratch a structure that is an extension of their mind.
Most folks work for others and lack any control in their lives. They do the tricks that their masters demand.Welders risk time, money, failure to exercise their trades.Whilst many are calculating the sales tax at the burger bars, welders are computing the internal angles and subsequent miters that necessitate a joint.
If you havenít noticed, the skilled trades-people are almost all gone. The boats you seek are all of foreign origin and absent the quality associated with domestic manufacture.Most of your generation aspires to own a Kia which makes me sad.
James has a small Oregon company. Your should patronize his business; just donít give any money in advance lest you risk the principal.Or perhaps a solution in escrow funds can be reached.
Old 12-28-2016   #77

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
Oh, pleease! Patronize a business with his rep?? How many poor souls does he need to rip off before he just disappears from the scene. We were lucky, but how many others on this forum have presented their dismal experience with James? He may come across and sound like some young dude, but he's an adult and needs to buck up and run the business in a professional manner like all of the other fabricators out there. Not gonna happen though I'll bet.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016   #78

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric-Mayhem View Post
Wow....must be some super advanced machinery he is working with there.

I call complete BS that he has ever made 10 of a frame, and his figure of 400 frames a year is complete BS too. .
400 A year is quite laughable.......

I have a hard time believing he turns out one a month......let alone more than a frame a day.

Too bad Mountain Buzz won't let him post a rebuttal. He never failed to entertain us during the snowy season.

Merry Christmas Greenwall. Hope you flood the market with your frames.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016   #79

Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by garystrome View Post
Shameless Self PromotionÖJames
I first heard the term from a gentleman many years ago. The buzz is a perfect place for it.After all you really didnít expect the truth from a forum like thisÖ.did you?Welders by nature are the cockiest folks on the planet.It originates from the knowledge that they conjure from scratch a structure that is an extension of their mind.
Most folks work for others and lack any control in their lives. They do the tricks that their masters demand.Welders risk time, money, failure to exercise their trades.Whilst many are calculating the sales tax at the burger bars, welders are computing the internal angles and subsequent miters that necessitate a joint.
If you havenít noticed, the skilled trades-people are almost all gone. The boats you seek are all of foreign origin and absent the quality associated with domestic manufacture.Most of your generation aspires to own a Kia which makes me sad.
James has a small Oregon company. Your should patronize his business; just donít give any money in advance lest you risk the principal.Or perhaps a solution in escrow funds can be reached.
Welders & Fabricators are no different than any other tradesman out there. You see the same thing in any trade - guys that just do the bare minimum and guys that are passionate about it and everything in between.

I started as a Plumber/Gas Fitter apprentice (eventually getting my journeyman tickets in both trades back in '0 and at the time after a few years of cookie cutter stuff started working for a company that did a lot of high end custom hydronic heating systems in high end homes (and some super homes). I laid miles of radiant floor tubing as an apprentice. I installed/piped in high efficiency boilers and geothermal heat pumps. But I was curious about the intricacies of the equipment, and heating design so I took it further than that ,much of it on my own time and own dime. I took a hydronic designer course which really put a lot of what I was doing together in my mind as I now understood the design behind what I was doing. I began frequenting websites and buying many, many books to learn about the intricacies of hydronic heating, boilers, green energy equipment, etc.. I bought books and manuals that I found through craigslist and read them. I began learning about controls and wiring. I eventually got my industrial gas fitting ticket in 2011 which was a step up from the residential gas ticket I had at the time. I started working on some commercial & industrial steam and hot water boilers and got a job with he local Cleaver-Brooks rep for a while. I realized quite quickly that I had learned a lot, but I found something true that I was told once by one of the owners of the first companies I worked for: "the more you know, the more you realize how little you know." If you are a true student of the trade, and a true tradesmen you will be a student your entire career. And it's the attitude to be able to learn something from anyone that will aid you in the long run. As soon as you close your mind you're dead in the water, especially with such a progressive energy market and industry with technology constantly changing and improving. The important thing is I have a passion for what I do and I improved myself to a point where I feel I have a competent aptitude to solve problems and figure things out (because you will never know everything or anything).

And here is the bottom line. I spent a lot of time learning about the intricacies of the equipment from design, controls, the installation, to problem solving and service work. At the end of the day the person who benefits from MY investment into my knowledge and skills is the customer - PEOPLE! And that is the one disconnect here that I see here. When I do my job well people are comfortable. They save money on their heating bills. They feel confidence in the equipment I based my name on in my installatio that they will get a good return on investment or the service work I have done which is important now a days. People enter a business transaction expecting some type of certainty - you pay this money, you receive this product, in a timely manner (or an agreed upon time). If you can't do that in business, you shouldn't be in business IMHO.
Old 12-29-2016   #80

Willimina, Willimina, OR
Paddling Since: 68
That burger bar comment gets em every time.
However, welders, steamfitters, tinners, etc are unique in nature. They start with scratch and yield a product. I don't diminish your field, but the two are not comparable. Both are services; one is art.

The fact is that the entity in question is was actually a corp / business and as such has an id severable from the self. If you feel you were wronged by the person, go after them. If you feel you were wronged by a business entity, go after it. The folks that donated money to the entity in advance of services actually contributed to the problem. Don't give money in advance of services. That's a fools game.