Old 06-09-2016   #41
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Tales of his rip offs abound on fishing forums too.

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #42
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Looks like the thread on pnwboaters got purged and closed, I was enjoying his responses to shap quite a bit, but I guess "the mods" over there decided to kill the conversation.

seantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #43
Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2012
Here is what I posted over there:

The Answer is B.

Where do I start!! After waiting 18 months for James Haworth to deliver a frame that I pre-paid for, I finally gave up because he changed his company name to get out of any past obligations and liabilities. He basically stole $5K and never delivered the frame, boxes, oars, Yeti cooler, and other accessories I paid for.

Here is the story:

• March 2014 – Placed order for Maravia Zepher raft and Raptor Frame as a package from James (I pre-paid for raft) – 6 week delivery promise for frame
  • April 2014 – Delivery pushed out to May
  • May 2014 – Delivery pushed out to June, missed Deschutes trip with family and friends
  • June 2014 – Delivery pushed out to July, missed Rogue trip with family and friends
  • July 2014 – Delivery pushed out to August, missed Deschutes trip with family and friends
  • July 2014 – Blames late delivery on Powder Coater and informs me that they are holding up delivery
  • August 2014 – Delivers a miniature demo frame to my house in Hood River that was not even close to the specified dimensions that I ordered (I made a big mistake and paid the balance of the invoice for frame, boxes, oars, and Yeti cooler)
  • Sept 2014 – I notify James that the demo frame (that he tried to pass off as a custom frame) is way too small and he agrees to deliver the proper sized frame for the raft - 6 week delivery promise for new frame.
  • Dec 2014 – Three months later he has not responded
  • March 2015 – Six months later he has not responded
  • April 2015 – I finally drive the raft and frame back to his shop – 4 week delivery promise for new frame. At this point he has everything back that I have paid for and my trailer!!
  • May 2015 - Delivery pushed out to June, missed Deschutes trip with family and friends
  • June 2015 – Delivery pushed out to July because James won a large military contract (complete BS) that he has to deliver and has to push everything else out. I drive back down and get my Maravia raft and trailer out of his shop.
  • July 2015 – James changes company name from Canyon Inflatables to Rogue Whitewater and drops all communication.
  • Aug 2015 - He posts on MoutainBuzz " to promises all past clients that even though the company name has changed to Rogue Whitewater he will follow though and deliver their frames in the next two months".

I wish I would have known of Mountain Buzz before ever dealing with James Haworth and Canyon Whitewater Inflatables. Read the other posts about Canyon Inflatables, Rouge Whitewater, Pacific River Outfitters, or Rivertech, (and all the other shell companies that James Haworth runs). Every post has the same pattern full of lies and unethical business conduct. Again, don't just read my posts check out the other deceived clients (Usernames: I Got Bit, Smalkal, USMC95, TroutDrifter56, Shap, etc.. )

The funny thing is he redirects all the fault onto his upsets clients when they use these online community forums to call him out on his deceitful behavior. Apparently, all us frustrated clients are a bunch of #ocksuckers, mother%uckers, a$$holes, pussies, and fagots, and jizzwads. Shap, thank you for your service and I am sorry that anyone, especially a Veteran looses his hard earned money to scumbag like James.

I will be more than happy to send you pictures of his 20’x80’ storage shed that he runs his business out of. His production shop, automated tube bending and welding equipment, military contract, Sasquatch, and unicorns are all in his imagination.

DO NOT give James Haworth a dime of your money. Again, read the other posts - past behavior it the best predictor of future behavior - don't get stung like I (and others) did.

Here is the silver lining in this whole ordeal –I called Timmy Luke at Recretc Mfg and had a beautiful frame in 4 weeks. No BS – Timmy simply under-promised and over-delivered on everything he said he was going to do. I would also encourage you to visit Timmy’s shop it's the real deal (unlike James's fantasy shop)!!

As James said above, he is probably Timmy's best sales guy!! Save yourself the frustration and hassle and just give Timmy a call when you are shopping for a frame.
High-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #44
Fort Collins, Colorado

If your here in the Colorado region, go with DRE or RBW, best customer service and SOLID companies!! Rowed DRE frames and they are rock man!!!
usmc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #45
Fort Collins, Colorado
Crap, I think I promoted, my fault for the site violation man!
usmc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #46
Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
I like high-side's post. Its like invisible ink. At first it looks like nothing is there. Then high light or change theme and you get the secret message.
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016   #47
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1982
High-Side, I feel your pain. Even after reading I got bit's post, I ordered a frame from Haworth in Dec '14. Yes, I heard all of the same excuses about military contracts, the rants about inpatient customers. Yes, he missed delivery for our April GC trip and then our June MF trip.

Then, in late June, he told me he sold his equipment to someone else, but wait, don't worry, they were going to let him finish the eight frames he owes other people along with ours. But, since ours was really custom, it would be the last one he would fabricate. 3 months and I have it.

However, I was supremely lucky in that I paid the deposit with a Discover card thru Paypal. A couple calls to Discover and we had our money back. Discover said Paypal will get it back even faster. Still, we were just glad to get it back.

Also, there was a silver lining with this transaction as well. I saw someone mention Eddyline Welding in Moab on MB. I got in touch with Mike Dehoff. He got us a quote with in a couple of days and we got our frame in about 6 weeks. He was great. Emailed progress photos thru out the whole process. We worked together to tweak cool little additions to the frame while he was fabricating it. We love it. It was a very enjoyable transaction.
tmacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016   #48
x, Utah
Paddling Since: 1979
Eddyline Welding

Ditto for EDDYLINE WELDING in Moab. Just got my custom 3-bay, breakdown, double-rail w/diamondplate frame,with footbrace.

Mike and Collin are great to work with. Mike had lots of terrific ideas and finished frame ahead of schedule. Their welding and fabrication are top-notch, and I couldn't be happier with the transaction.

Their website is also very informative; check it out.
Nugs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016   #49
Salem, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1984
File a complaint with the Oregon AG

HarrysDad18 is offline   Reply With Quote