Mountain Buzz banner

The right raft?

Tags
rafting
11K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  fishguts 
#1 ·
We are new to rafting and want to make the right purchase but there are so many options and opinions.

What we need is a raft for myself, small woman, taking out active but elderly mom, teenage daughter and 7 year old son. So weight is an issue, handles? We plan to do mostly scenic routes on the Snake in Jackson, Wyoming and then on the weekend we will have the husband to take us through lunch counter, the rope, Kahuna.

There are so many rafts, construction options, prices. Based on our needs, what is your recommendation for our family raft?

TIA and SYOTR

#31 ·
A Swift Water Rescue/White Water Rescue course would be a wise investment. You will get lots of experience with swimming rapids, self rescue, strainers, boat pin/wrap situations etc., etc., plus they are a blast!!!! Depending on the class, I would imagine your teenage daughter could take it with you. Rescue 3 offers the classes out here, but I think you might have more options than that locally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.